YouCompose is the most advanced music writing application available on the iOS7+ platform.
Read what customers say about YouCompose:
"A very helpful tool for composition, thoughtfully designed." (Phelan Fyne rated this App ****)
"Very cool. Fine grain control over what it harmonizes and edit-ability. MIDI!" (TooMuchTo rated this App ****)
"Wonderful practical tool for understanding and quickly creating rich harmony. Makes a snap out of a process that used to require an afternoon. Cannot recommend this app highly enough." (Sir Quarkalot rated this App *****)
"Awesome Compositional Tool. This is perhaps the best app of its kind on many levels. First of all the work flow is logical in its layout and flexible also." (1dionysus rated this App ****)
"Must have for iPad musicians." (TBPHX rated this App *****)
"What a great creative tool. I have been looking for an app like this for a long time. Great teaching tool and is amazingly fast. Good fun as well." (leicapair rated this App *****)
Using the rules from the ‘common practice period’, YouCompose provides you the tools you need to create great compositions in a classical 4 part harmony style.
YouCompose comes with a built-in assistant composer. This assistant can help you compose your music in many ways.
You can enter melodies using the built-in virtual keyboard (with metronome) or enter single notes in a grid editor. Your assistant composer will then harmonize your melodies.
You can influence the way the assistant harmonizes your melodies, by setting harmonization points and other options, or you can also leave that completely to your assistant.
You can ask your assistant to compose a melody or even a complete composition.
A composition can be edited in many ways. YouCompose allows you to copy, paste, move, repeat and discard movements, segments and individual notes, enter lyrics, transpose, change gain etc.
YouCompose can play your composition with its built-in instruments and since YouCompose is Core MIDI compatible, you can also utilize a MIDI keyboard or a MIDI sound module.
You can view your composition’s full score or the individual parts and print them directly from YouCompose to an AirPrint compatible printer.
You can save compositions to your device and load them again later. Additionally, YouCompose allows you to send and receive them from other devices running YouCompose via an AirDrop connection.
You can share your composition with others by sending an email containing MIDI files and a PDF document with the full score and the individual parts.
A complete user manual is included in the App and you can print it to an AirPrint compatible printer.
Several sample compositions containing well known melodies are also included in the package.
- Arnold Schoenberg: Fundamentals of musical composition. (Faber and Faber London Boston 1990) ISBN: 0571092764
- Diether de la Motte: Melodie. (dtv/Bärenreiter 1993) ISBN: 3423046112 / 376181173X
- Diether de la Motte: Harmonielehre. (dtv/Bärenreiter 1990) ISBN: 3423041838 / 3761841833
- Benjamin Dale, Gordon Jacob & Hugo Anson: Harmony, Counterpoint & Improvisation Book 1 & 2. (Novello 1940)
Latest Release Notes - v2.2
New Part Settings:
- You can now mute the sound of a Part by choosing the 'None (sound off)' instrument setting. This is important when you want to use YouCompose mapped to the instruments of another App running on your device using MIDI and Background Audio.
- You can now apply 'Gain adjustment' for a Part. This setting will be used during playback of the notes in a Part and decrease or increase the gain of the played notes.
- Added a new instrument 'Music box'.
- Some minor changes to the 'Movement Manager'.
- Added a 'Rate This App' button in the 'Information' panel.
Screenshots & Videos
YouCompose provides you with the tools you need to create great compositions in a classical 4 part harmony style.
You Might Also Like...