Xynthesizr is a streamlined yet capable 32-step matrix sequencer/synthesizer with generative features and MIDI.
Watch the demo videos on http://xynthesizr.com
Whether you are a musician who wants to get inspired and realize their ideas, or a person who enjoys easily creating electronic tunes, this app is for you.
Create patterns and modify them in real time, or let Xynthesizr do it for you using its morphing algorithms. Change scale and key, or transpose within a scale on-the-fly. Tweak parameters of the internal synthesizer or output MIDI to your favorite apps and devices. Record and share your creations.
◦ MIDI support for syncing and sending notes to synths, samplers and drum machines
◦ Notes to MIDI channel mapping for driving multiple apps or devices simultaneously
◦ Audiobus support
◦ Background audio support
◦ 40+ bundled presets
◦ Save your own patterns and presets
◦ Record and export audio via AudioCopy, AudioShare, SoundCloud®, Mail and iTunes file sharing
◦ Gestures to easily edit patterns on-the-fly
◦ [Conway's Game of] Life-like cellular automata and probability-based pattern morphing
◦ Variable tempo, step length subdivision and pattern length
◦ Selectable keys and scales with ability to transpose in real time
◦ An option to tie consecutive notes of same pitch to make longer notes
◦ Create and use your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules
◦ Extended range (26 notes for 4-inch screen devices, 22 notes for 3.5-inch)
◦ Color-coded octaves
Synthesizer and FX feature:
◦ 32-bit floating point sound engine
◦ 16 voice polyphony (12 on iPhone 3GS)
◦ 2 antialiased oscillators per voice
◦ 4 waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square)
◦ 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter
◦ 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter cutoff frequency)
◦ 2 LFOs to modulate 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune)
◦ Stereo delay, reverb and randomized panner
- - - - -
Some user reviews from the US and Canada App Stores:
"One of my favorites. I have A LOT of music apps. I keep coming back to this one especially. Excellent work." - Wastelander3000
"Bought before. Would buy it again. Being able to have key and chord changes from a matrix, awesome. Controlling other synths, priceless. It's own built in synth is nothing to sneeze at either. Get it." - TooMuchTo
"Fantastic update! Along with the multiple other new or improved features, the addition of MIDI has made this a must have app! The very powerful and inspiring random/generative engine is paired with a surprisingly well specified synthesizer and provide far too much fun for the price!" - djcphoto
"Must have for IOS music. Absolutely awesome app that just got better. Create stunning sequences. Great presets to start with. Midi to favorite synths for more sounds. Just get it." - Mgmg4871
"Amazing. This is now my go to software for starting a new track. I use it to build a few melodies, and then use that as a base for my new track. Love it. Great job" - Jeremicci
Latest Release Notes - v1.1.1
◦ Added Audiobus play and stop triggers
◦ Fixed UI slowness when using USB MIDI interfaces
◦ Fixed MIDI sync issues with BeatMaker 2
If you enjoy Xynthesizr, please help us by rating and reviewing this version.
Screenshots & Videos
Xynthesizr = ToneMatrix + a full-fledged synthesizer + instant generative music features.
You Might Also Like...