Virtual ANS (Universal)
Virtual ANS is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS - photoelectronic microtonal/spectral musical instrument created by Russian engineer Evgeny Murzin from 1938 to 1958.
The instrument was used by Stanislav Kreichi, Alfred Schnittke, Edison Denisov, Sofia Gubaidulina, Edward Artemiev and other Soviet composers.
You can hear the sound of the ANS in Andrei Tarkovsky's movies Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker.
While the other similar programs are just fun toys, the Virtual ANS is a full-featured professional tool which allows you to create unusual, deep, atmospheric sounds. With this app you can draw a complete piece of music, or convert sound to image (sonogram) and then make some complex sonogram modifications.
Actually the potential of the program has not been explored yet, so it (as well as PixiVisor) is more appropriate for people who are searching for something new, not afraid to experiment with sound.
[ Key features ]
• unique Virtual Analog sound engine;
• unlimited number of pure tone generators;
• powerful sonogram editor - you can draw the spectrum and play it at the same time;
• any sound (from a WAV file or a Microphone/Line-in) can be converted to image (sonogram) and vice versa;
• MIDI Input;
• supported file formats: WAV, PNG, JPEG, GIF, VNS (Virtual ANS 1.x);
• Jack and Audiobus support;
• iTunes File Sharing;
• Wi-Fi Export/Import;
• more functions in the next Virtual ANS updates...
[ Official Virtual ANS homepage ]
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: email@example.com
The answer comes immediately!
Please try my other apps:
Latest Release Notes - v2.1
* multi-level undo buffer (default number of levels - 2, but you can change it in the app Settings);
* improved brush manager (with such options as Load From JPG/PNG/GIF file, Save to PNG);
* now any selection can be converted to brush;
* new effects: Gain, Noise, Vibrato;
* added Panic button (in the Project menu) - press it to stop all audio and MIDI tasks;
* new Visualization settings: Pitch Panel (Show/Hide), Time Panel (Show/Hide);
* additional File Browser functions: Remove, Rename, Cut, Copy, Paste, Create Directory;
* now you can see the file size in the File Browser;
* iOS: Audio Copy/Paste (Project -> Export/Import -> ...);
* progressive JPEG support;
* AIFF support (load only);
* bugs fixed.
Screenshots & Videos
Virtual ANS is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS – photoelectronic microtonal/spectral musical instrument…
You Might Also Like...