Update: Yellofier v1.1 Released – Adds Support for Background Audio, Audiobus & More!
Boris Blank has released version 1.1 of Yellofier – his free audio recording, slicing and remixing tool for the iPad and iPhone that will turn anything into music. The update adds support for Background Audio and Audiobus. This includes both inout and output slot support so you can stream and receive live audio directly to and from other compatible apps. Other improvements include the ability to preview sounds in the pattern editor, better drag detection in the arrange view and various minor bug fixes.
- Background audio
- Audiobus support!
- Preview sounds in pattern editor when tapped
- Improve drag detection in arrange view
- Various minor fixes and improvements
Yellofier makes anything into music. Record your voice, a musical instrument or everyday noises. Within seconds the app magically turns them into groovy music.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS7 USERS: ***
If you are running iOS7, the app can sometimes go silent and not produce any sound. If this happens, double-tap the home button to enter the multi-task view, scroll to Yellofier and swipe it upwards out of the screen. Then start Yellofier again, and it should make sound again. Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope that Apple will fix this issue as soon as possible.
#1 in Music (iPad) in 8 countries, top 10 in 50 countries.
Top 5 in 3 countries (iPhone).
Edit the sounds and effects by moving and twisting colored blocks. Yellofier doesn’t look like any other music program. You can create a full song within minutes – even without knowing anything about music!
Create unique music with your own sounds and with the sounds of Yello’s musical maestro Boris Blank. The Yellofier also includes sounds and songs by some of the greatest musicians within electronic music. Anything can be yellofied!
• Automatically slice your sound into 8 pieces and create a groove
• Record up to 16 custom sounds per song, divided into two user sound banks
• Combine sounds and effects in an innovative step sequencer
• Change pitch of each step to create melodies
• Multiple effects and variations
• Share your work
• 32 bundled sounds by Boris Blank
• Songs and sounds by the finest artists within electronic music: Carl Craig, Henrik Schwarz, The Orb, Trentemøller, Booka Shade, Orbital, The The, Thomas Fehlmann, Charles Webster, Håkan Lidbo and more…
For best sound, use headphones.
NOTE: Since version 1.2, the preview-sound function changed from single tap to long-press! So the functionality is not gone, but we changed to long-press to not interfere with the music.
The demo tracks in Yellofier are under copyright protection.
Learn more about Yellofier and discover more of Yello’s music at yello.com
Produced by Boris Blank
Developed by Jonatan Liljedahl
Designed by Håkan Ullberg
Concept by Håkan Lidbo
Presented by Electronic Beats – Telekom’s international music program.
Here is an online tutorial video: http://vimeo.com/62158758
Latest Release Notes - v1.2
• Allow recording into an additional user soundbank:
- Switch between user bank A/B with selector in RECORD/SLICE screen.
- Switch between user bank A/B with the soundbank button in pattern edit screen.
• Allow pitch transpose of each step to create melodies:
- Hold step to popup transpose value, drag up/down to adjust.
• Allow pause/resume while recording.
• Improved design of RECORD/SLICE screen.
• Allow tapping the loop-symbol directly to toggle looping mode.
• Use long-press instead of tap to preview samples in the pattern edit screen.
• Don't reactivate app in the background in some cases.
• Other minor fixes and improvements.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...