Update: TouchOSC v1.9.0 Released – Adds iPhone 5 Support, More MIDI Message Types, XY Control & More!
Hexler have released version 1.9.0 of TouchOSC – their iOS Universal modular OSC and MIDI control surface. The update includes support for the iPhone 5 (including a new iPhone 5 layout), more MIDI message types and an XY control MIDI mapping mode. It also includes several bug fixes.
- Support for iPhone 5
- Support for more MIDI message types (All controls now support Control Change, Note, Program Change, Poly Pressure, Channel Pressure and Pitch Bend messages)
- Added XY control MIDI mapping mode (Placing 2 or 3 fingers on the control will send only x or y messages)
- New iPhone 5 layout: â€œAutomat5â€
- Fixed handling of UTF-8 encoded strings in both application and editor
- Fixed naming issues with virtual CoreMIDI connections
- Removed support for MIDIMobilizer Mk I (Please use a CoreMIDI compatible accessory, i.e. MIDIMobilizer Mk II, instead
TouchOSC is a modular OSC and MIDI control surface for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad by hexler.
It supports sending and receiving Open Sound Control and MIDI messages over Wi-Fi and CoreMIDI inter-app communication and compatible hardware.
The application allows to remote control and receive feedback from software and hardware that implement the OSC or MIDI protocols such as Apple Logic Pro/Express, Ableton Live, Renoise, Pure Data, Max/MSP/Jitter, Max for Live, OSCulator, VDMX, Resolume Avenue/Arena, Modul8, Plogue Bidule, NI Traktor, NI Reaktor, Quartz Composer, Supercollider, vvvv, Derivative TouchDesigner, Isadora and many others.
The interface provides a number of customizable touch controls to send and receive messages:
Faders / Rotary controls / Encoder controls / Push buttons / Toggle buttons / XY pads / Multi-faders / Multi-push / Multi-toggles / Multi-xy pads / LEDs / Labels / Time & battery displays
Additionally the program can send Accelerometer data. The application comes with example layouts and completely custom layouts can be constructed using the free TouchOSC Editor application.
Please navigate to http://hexler.net/touchosc for more information, video demonstrations and download the free layout editor application for OS X, Windows and Linux and the free TouchOSC Bridge utility to easily control any MIDI-capable application on your computer.
Latest Release Notes - v1.9.3
- Fix for network connection related problems
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...