Update: TB MIDI Stuff v2.0 Released – Now iOS Universal
TBStuff have released version 2.0 of TB MIDI Stuff – their generic modular MIDI control surface. The app has been entirely rebuilt and includes support for the iPhone, so the app is now iOS Universal (and TB Tiny MIDI Stuff, the old iPhone version, is no longer available). There are also many new features including the ability to open up to 128 pages at the same time, a new Visual Control Selector, brand new controls (Pick List and Piano Keyboard (with Arpeggiator Track on each), custom image backgrounds, custom tooltips on sliders, Variables (Application, Page, User and Control)Â and Gyroscope support.
TB MIDI Stuff v1.x users should read this migration guide before installing v2.0.
Check out the full change log below…
- Universal App: iPad version can read/write iPhone pages and iPhone canvas snapshots (with or without full resolution upscale).
- Up to 128 opened pages at the same time (even on iPad 1st Gen)
- 2D Pages Canvas: You can organize your pages on a 2D pages grid, moving a single page or a pages row.
- Custom Image Backgrounds
- Signed CC, Signed CC Coarse/Fine and Signed SysEx Messages
- Style switch: You can change the style of controls to a compatible one without needing to create a new control.
- New Page Editor
- Instant Messenger: You can quickly send temporary MIDI and/or OSC messages per MIDI Outs.
- Slider Fine Mode: Double tap on every slider to open a popover to set accurately the value (+/- 1 and Jog Wheel) without enter the Page Editor.
- Tempo Popover
- Brand New Controls: Piano Keyboard with individual Arpeggiator/Repeat track, Pick List
- New Visual Control Selector
- RGB Colors on Sliders, Knobs, Faders, Ribbons, Drum Pads, Rounded Rect, Labels and Pick Lists
- Set Current Controlâ€™s Values to Default Values without entering page editor
- Send All Current Controlâ€™s Values: You can send all current controlâ€™s values at any time to synchronize your external devices.
- Restore Pages Canvas at Launch
- Gyroscope Support on compatible devices (Pitch/Roll simulation on iPad 1st Gen)
- TB MIDI Tiny Stuff Pages Reading Support
- Page Editing Facilities: Like Selection popover, Move/Size switch, Black/White Grid switch, Snap to Grid switch, valued sliders numeric entry, two fingers to stop move/resize gestures or double tap an empty zone to open the Control Selector.
- Application Variables: Battery Level, Battery State, Tempo, Beat Clock, Bar Clock and External Sync.
- Page Variables: MIDI Transposition and Predefined Scale, Root Key and Custom Scale for Value Notes.
- Page User Variables: Public or Internal, with MIDI and/or OSC messages.
- Controlâ€™s Variables: To change dynamically or display control settings on your page.
- Dynamic Colors on Drum Pads: Lets you change the color of a Drum Pad with a received note message (with a color/velocity range table).
- Hidden switch on controls
- Hidden Condition on controls: Lets you to create multi panels on a single page or do a dynamic layout.
- Fonts on Labels and Pick Lists
- Variable Binders on Labels
- Variable Messages on Controls
- Background Audio Mode: To keep MIDI part and Arpeggiator/Repeat Tracks active when TBMS is on background.
- Categories on Canvas Snapshots: Instrument, Effect, Mixer, Keyboard, Stage and Other.
- Bi Directionality control on each message: Send & Receive, Send Only, Receive Only
- Routing Modes: None, MIDI, OSC or MIDI & OSC
For more information about TB MIDI Stuff click here.
TB MIDI Stuff is a highly intuitive full-featured modular MIDI & OSC control surface for iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch (including the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th Gen).
► Natively provides editors for Arturia Mini V (iPhone/iPod Touch & iPad) and Korg microKORG (iPad only).
You can design your own pages with sliders, knobs, faders, drum pads, XY pads, multitouch XY pads, ribbons, piano keyboards, pick lists or jog wheels with the built-in editor (no computer needed !), or you can use the three built-in controllers : a keyboard with arpeggiator and some other cool features, a pads controllers (iPad only) with configurable pads banks or a 16 channels MIDI mixer.
You can assign unlimited count of MIDI messages and/or OSC messages per control.
TB MIDI Stuff implements bi directional MIDI messages including SysEx messages, with message requests mode, so you can do complex synth editors.
Value Notes messages let you to transform every slider, fader, knob, ribbon, XY pad and multitouch XY pad into a small keyboard with range, root key and pre defined or user defined scale.
You can build your own complex keyboards like Wicky-Hayden layout or Harmonic Table layout with shapes on drum pads.
► Built-in Page Editor with pasteboard, undo manager and z-order management
► Complete Controls Library :
◆ Rotary, Horizontal & Vertical sliders
◆ Rotary, Horizontal & Vertical Modern sliders
◆ Horizontal & Vertical faders
◆ Mixer knobs
◆ Black knobs
◆ Jog Wheels
◆ Horizontal & Vertical Ribbons
◆ Drum Pads
◆ Modern Drum Pads
◆ XY Pads
◆ Multitouch XY Pads
◆ Piano Keyboards with Arpeggiator/Repeat Track on each
◆ Piano Keys
◆ Value displayers
◆ Rounded rects
◆ Labels (can be dynamic with SysEx or OSC string messages)
◆ Pick List
► Accelerometer & Gyroscope Inputs on Sliders, Faders, Knobs and XY Pads
► Built-in Keyboard with Arpeggiator, Wheels, Ribbon and 8 knobs
► Built-in Pads Controllers with Pads Banks (iPad only)
► Built-in 16 Channels MIDI Mixer
► CoreMIDI drivers, includes WiFi native driver, Virtual MIDI Port and all compatible sound card or MIDI to USB cable with the Camera Connection Kit (like IK Multimedia iRig MIDI, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer II, etc.)
► Missing Link™ native driver : zero configuration, you can use the same page wired or wireless, our rock solid MIDI & OSC engine generate Missing Link OSC messages on the fly !
► Unlimited Number of MIDI messages and/or OSC messages per control
► Custom Image Backgrounds
► Full RGB colors on controls
► Supported MIDI messages :
◆ Control Changes (7bits, 14bits Coarse/Fine) (unsigned and signed)
◆ RPN/NRPN (7bits and 14bits) (unsigned and signed)
◆ Pitch Bend
◆ Program Changes
◆ Channel Pressure
◆ System Messages
◆ Song Select
◆ Notes On/Off
◆ System Exclusive (with checksums support, unsigned and signed)
► Value Notes (dynamic Note messages) on Sliders, Faders, Knobs, Ribbons, XY pads and Multitouch XY Pads
► 6 Velocity Modes with Drum Pads (Accelerometer Velocity and Five other modes)
► Drum Pads Shapes (Rectangle, Up Arrow, Down Arrow, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, Ellipse, Diamond, Hexagon 1 and Hexagon 2)
► Pages and Pads Bank sharing via iTunes or by e-mail directly in the app !!!
► "Open with" feature with Mail and Safari
► Visual Pages Manager (2D pages grid)
► Up to 128 pages can be open simultaneously on a 2D pages canvas. You can navigate thru pages with three fingers swipe gesture, manage the pages order with a visual pages manager, open multiple instances of the same page and change the MIDI Out driver or the MIDI Out channel (or both) without entering the editor for each instance
► Aftertouch on Drum Pads and Piano Keyboards
(The Missing Link™ is a trademark of Jabrudian Industries LLC)
Visit us : www.tbstuff.com
Watch us : http://www.youtube.com/user/TBStuffCompany
Follow us : twitter.com/TBstuffCompany
Latest Release Notes - v2.2.2
NEW FEATURES :
► iOS 7 Slider Styles
► Mute Notes Out Switch on Piano Keyboards
► Linear (Little Endian) Value Format Method on SysEx messages
► Tap Tempo on Transport popover
IMPROVEMENTS & BUG FIXES :
► Memory management improvements
► Fix a 64bits issue on arpeggiator
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...