Update: Symphonix Evolution v2.0.1 Released
Vinclaro have released version 2.0.1 of Symphonix Evolution. See the change log for a full list of included improvements and bug fixes…
- It’s now easier to add Repeat Bars. The app no longer requires the user to select the exact start and end of the measures where repeats will be applied and will automatically detect the start and end of the measure. Also added a Repeat option to the “Measure” button on the main toolbar so that the user can mark a selection and then press Repeat to quickly add Repeat Bars.
- New selection menu options for “Expand” and “Compress”: Use the Expand option to increase the space between the notes in a selection. Use the Compress option to bring the notes closer together.
- Added a new “Switch” setting to the MIDI Commands screen to assist with mapping pads with velocity to on/off commands. Use it by setting the controller value to “129″ (the display will read “fader” for 128 and “switch” for 129). Once the “Switch” setting is active, non-zero inputs will be mapped to “127″ and then only the first non-zero value will trigger the command so that the pad input is effectively converted to a momentary and then latched.
- Added a new MIDI command “ARP+Hold Toggle”. This works exactly like “ARP Toggle” except that the ARP Hold is automatically enabled when ARP is switched on.
- This update allows the user to unlink the app from Dropbox. Go to the File Load/Save screen and press the Dropbox button. A red Unlink button will appear in the top right corner of the file browser. Press this button to remove the link to Dropbox.
- Minor user interface improvements to some screens
- The Controllers function now allows a System Exclusive from the Device Manager to be added to the score (this was a bug preventing the Select button from being visible)
- Fixed a bug where the Device Manager and Controller screens did not handle long SysEx messages
- Fixed bug when copying and pasting notes with ties, beams or slurs where the links were broken after pasting. This bug could also cause instability and crashes after using the copy/paste function.
- Fixed a bug where slurs were not printed correctly.
- Improved stability of the Lyric Pad
Whether you're an experienced musician or a learner, Symphonix Evolution is a powerful tool that helps take your music to a whole new level. Create music by dragging notes directly onto the score, and record or playback via MIDI devices or using the inbuilt virtual synthesizer. Then print your music to share with others in your group. Learners or musicians who play 'by ear' will appreciate the ability to associate note pitch with the notation.
Symphonix Evolution has numerous features, including:
* 16 track sequencer
* Music Notation for each track
* Percussion scoring by mapping symbols to staff lines
* Full 88 key piano display mode
* Guitar fret view including simple tab notation
* Support for external MIDI devices using the USB Camera Connector or Core MIDI devices
* Retina display support
* Wavetable synthesizer with GM/GS emulation
* Over 260 high quality instruments
* Virtual MIDI support
* Load and Save standard MIDI files
* AirPrint support for printing your sheet music
* Integration with email and web for easy file exchange
* Real time recording and conversion to notation
* Quantization of recorded input or MIDI files
* Chord editor and matching including fret diagrams
* Dropbox support
* Rhythm Generator for custom drum patterns
* Tap Tempo
* Complete online help to get you started
Use Symphonix Evolution to take your music studio with you wherever you go!
Latest Release Notes - v2.1
Symphonix Evolution is now compatible with iOS 7!
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP ALL OF YOUR SYMPHONIX EVOLUTION FILES BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS UPDATE! Due to a change in the app's internal file name for working with Audiobus on iOS 7, this version may require the previous version to be deleted from your device and then restored from Purchases using the App Store app before it can be installed. To avoid losing your work, please use iTunes to copy your files back to your computer before installing this update!
New Features in this update are:
* User Interface refresh for iOS 7. When running under iOS 7 the screens have a new "flat" look (the old look is still available when running under iOS 6)
* Added a new setting so that the Drum Percussion channel can be changed
* Added a new setting so that the mixer volume controls can be locked during playback so that a song cannot change the volume using MIDI messages.
* The Piano Roll now scrolls when a song is playing
* New Tempo Track function allows the user to select which track to use for tempo change events
* Tempo Changes can now be edited in the Piano Roll screen using the Controller lane
* It is now possible to connect two or more instances of Symphonix Evolution running on different iPads using the remote connection function
* Resolved an issue with Audiobus initialization on iOS 7
* Fixed crash when saving a file that was last loaded using Dropbox
* Fixed incorrect note values when selecting chord inversions
* The Undo function was not working for ties and slurs
* General stability enhancements
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...