Update: SunVox v1.7.2 Released
Alexander Zolotov has released version 1.7.2 of SunVox – his pattern based sequencer (tracker) with modular synthesizers for the iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch. The update adds a long list of improvements and fixes. Check out the full list below…
- Now XM and MOD files (formats of old trackers) can be loaded without the converter, through the Main Menu -> Load Song; you can find hundreds of these files on this site: modarchive.org
- Extended list of effects for XM/MOD to SunVox conversion
- New std. pattern effect 30 – use it to stop playing the song
- New controller in the Reverb module – “All-pass filter”; use it to enable/disable output all-pass filter
- New controller in the Reverb module – “Room size”
- Added autorepeat mode for the following buttons: HLD (clear current note), OFF (insert Note OFF), INS (insert), BCK (backspace)
- Added eight layers for the modules; for example you can place some complicated drum chain on the first layer, and all other synths – on the second layer; layers can be visible together or separately
- New function “Scale” in the Module menu: use it if you want a smaller or bigger module size for the current project
- Changing the size of the modules by mouse wheel (scroll wheel)
- New module – WaveShaper
- New module – MetaModule; with this module you can include some external .sunvox song to your project and use this song as synth or effect
- New options in the Preferences->Recording: Pattern fit to grid, Note quantization, Controller quantization
- New option in the Preferences->MIDI: Ignore velocity
- Empty parameter of the vibrato effect 04 is now treated as “use previous parameter value”; works only for songs created in SunVox 1.7.2 and higher
- New option “Smooth frequency change” in the Analog Generator; enabled by default; disable it if you want to use arpeggio effect 08
- Velocity map in the MultiSynth module
- Improved CPU Usage Monitor with scrolling and module selection
- Maximum number of pattern tracks has been increased from 8 to 16
- Maximum Echo delay length increased to 4 seconds
- New controller in the Echo module – “Delay units” with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines)
- New controller in the Filter module – “LFO frequency units” with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines)
- New controller in the Flanger module – “Vibrato speed units” with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines)
- New controller in the LFO module – “Frequency units” with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines)
- New controller in the Vibrato module – “Frequency units” with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines)
- New controller in the Vibrato module – “Set phase”
- New simple examples: MIDI_out, waveshaper, velocity_map, reverb2, reverb3
- New instrument in instruments/bass directory: analog_bass
- New instrument in instruments/pads directory: synth_violin
- New instruments in instruments/keyboard directory: piano14, piano15, space, space2
- New instruments in instruments/various directory: electric_guitar, noise_slide_up, electro_drum_loop
- Keyboard instruments piano04.wav, piano05.wav has been replaced by piano04.sunsynth, piano05.sunsynth
- Sound engine optimisation
- Many bugs fixed
For more information about SunVox click here.
SunVox is the Most Powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small, fast and powerful modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
With this program you can compose music anywhere. On any device. It also available (for FREE!) for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Maemo, PalmOS, Android, and other systems.
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi export/import;
• MIDI import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Real-time recording;
• Audiobus (INPUT and EFFECTS slots) and JACK support.
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with wrench in the upper right corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another? For multitouch devices: first touch on source, second touch on destination. For other devices: select the first module (source); click on the LINK button; select the second module (destination).
REC button is only for notes and controllers recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module (REC button under the Sampler controllers).
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: email@example.com
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
Music album created in SunVox:
Publish your SunVox songs here:
Latest Release Notes - v1.7.3c
* additional LFO module waveforms: sin2 (correct sine), saw, saw2;
* added ability to record into the selected Sampler slot;
* fixed bug with JACK MIDI input;
* fixed bug with the Sampler base note calculation;
* base note for the Vorbis Player is C5;
* new song (examples): april_song;
* JACK library has been updated.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...