Update: Pixound v2.0.2 Released
TechnÃ© Media have released version 2.0.2 of Pixound – their deep musical “toy” for the iPhone & iPod Touch that lets you play any picture musically. The update adds some improvements to the free version so you can demo them before you buy the full app (currently $0.99). There is also now a free section to the store where users can access free Community Presets. A number of other improvements and bug fixes have also been made.
- Free version now allows Setting Instruments
- Free version allows users to load own pictures (with ad)
- Made free presets more obvious
- Added “Free” section to store where users can access free Community Presets
- Improved recording function
- Now saves user’s drawn path with autoplay type presets
- Fixed bug in recording Bass and Custom Drums in MIDI File Save
- Fixed bug that set the Mode wrong on saved presets
- Added users custom preset images to image library
- Now immediately plays presets that are loaded from email
- New numerous images, songs and rhythms added
Pixound is a deep musical “toy” for the iPhone & iPod Touch that lets you play any picture musically. It’s a toy, because it’s pure fun to play (at any age) and deep because this “toy” can be used to play seriously good music.
Since there is no limit to what pictures you can play from art and graphics to photos and they can be combined with thousands of different musical settings, there is no limit to the music you can create and enjoy.
FREE VERSION lets you select instruments, play Community Presets, 3 built-in presets, load your own photos (with a quick pop-up ad) and any presets and pictures that someone sends you. Unlock full version to save your own and share them with thousands of users and friends.
"Pixound Turns Photos into Musical Instruments, and It’s Better Than You Think" — Gizmodo
"Pixound is a trippy music app for iOS that allows users to turn any snap into a song." — MTV Hive
A new form of entertainment has finally arrived! Pixound provides a deep musical experience that lets YOU instantly create music using any picture. It's pure fun to play (at any age) and deep because it can be used to play music like you've never heard before. It's so much fun that artist Peter Max bought an iPhone just to have Pixound! Since there is no limit to what pictures you can play from art and graphics to photos and they can be combined with thousands of different musical settings, there is no limit to the music you can create and enjoy. You owe it to yourself to try Pixound.
• Play any picture from outer space to art masterpieces
• Play in any key or scale (over 65 scales/modes)
• Add Bass and Drums from lots of choices
• Add Song Progressions from basic to classical and more
• Select from over 127 instruments for four voices R, B, G and bass
• If you download our sound packs, you can now add new sounds like Moog and Digeridoo
• Save your own settings or load our advanced Presets
• Add Reverb and Chorus effects
• Share Presets (images + musical settings) in the Pixound Community
Latest Release Notes - v2.1.1
• Better performance
• Fixed bug in MIDI file format
• Fixed bug in registration
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...