Update: Peter Vogel CMI v1.5 Released – Adds AudioBus Support (Input & Output), New Synth Engine, Background Audio & More!
Peter Vogel has released version 1.5 of his Fairlight emulations – Peter Vogel CMI and Peter Vogel CMI Pro. The updates are major rewrites, with lots of new features and improvements including AudioBus support (both inout and output), new synthesizer and sequencer engines, background audio and more!
- Major App rewrite, with lots of improvements.
- Audiobus support, both input and output. Send any audio to other apps, or sample new voices from the output of other apps.
- New Synthesiser and Sequencer Engines. Better accuracy, lower CPU use, new features like polyphonic channels.
- Background synth and song playing. Play your song in the background, or use external keyboards to play your selected voices while another app is in the foreground. Great for looping.
- Stereo voices, voices from MP3, view waveforms and play voices before importing them.
- Page R step/pattern navigation while playing. No need to stop first.
- Skip the startup floppy disk to get right into composing.
To see a complete list of all the new features and changes visit petervogelinstruments.com.au.
NOTE: Do not buy this if you have already bought the Vogel CMI App. Save money by using its in-App upgrade. If you are not sure you want the Pro features, buy the Vogel CMI App.
Experience music making ‘80s style with this awesome retro app, modelled on the legendary Fairlight Computer Musical Instrument.
Preloaded with 500+ CMI Series II sounds and 100+ Series III sounds, for the first time a byte-perfect re-issue of the classic CMI sounds of the 80s.
This app includes the famous ‘Page R’, which was the world's first screen-based rhythm sequencer. Today every sampler, digital synthesiser, sequencer and audio workstation can trace its lineage back to this legendary machine.
Now you can make music using tools like those used by artists including Alan Parsons, Jean Michel Jarre, Trevor Horn, Thomas Dolby, Brian Eno, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder and so many more.
This app is a part midi player, part creative tool and part history lesson – developed by Fairlight staff who worked on the CMI in the '80s.
- entire original Fairlight CMI IIX Sound library containing 564 voices*
- 100+ selected CMI III sounds
- play the CMI voices from an external MIDI input (supports Core Midi, Line6 MidiMobilizer II or Akai SynthStation), or use the on-screen keyboard*
- Sample your own voices from the microphone or line in, then use them in your compositions
- display voices graphically using the iconic Page D, and change your viewpoint by tilting your iPhone/iPad*
- authentic Fairlight CMI user interface experience, including floppy disk quirks*
- 8 track composition using ‘Page R’ pattern-based sequencer
- create instrument sets that store settings for all 8 channels, including the voices, pitch shifts, volumes, release times etc.
- import/export voices, compositions, MIDI and instruments and exchange with others.
* These features also available on the lower cost ‘Player’ version of the Fairlight App.
I would have never dreamt in a million years to own a Fairlight. It is the stuff of legends! Beyond any ordinary man's budget! And for this day to come a reality for a mere $10!! I am in awe and shock! I cannot emphasize how thankful I am to you for releasing this Iconic and Legendary instrument as an iPhone application!! (Imad Hamadieh, Dubai, UAE)
Very nice app! A complete revival / reissue of the best computer musical instrument ever in a tiny but very useful format. It is a joy to see an epic piece of synthesizer/sampling history as an app for the millions. Finally you can take your Fairlight wherever you are! A Fairlight to go-go-go! (Freek Roffel, Netherlands)
The CMI and PAGE R are back!!! This Fairlight app is amazing! It's the real deal - all the official factory sounds of a CMI IIx, with the option for the best of Series III sounds! It has some neat "easter eggs" and a TON of useful features. Even just starting up the app is cool - check it out. This app is very intuitive and easy to use, but still includes well-written and extensive help pages. I can't wait to try it out on the iPad 2. (Jaish Chada, Canada)
Again I would like to take a moment and extend a huge THANK YOU to the entire Fairlight team. ... You have taken the time and patience to create an affordable solution for the masses. ... You have given us a gift. I am truly excited to see what users will do with this App to change the future of music once again. Sincerely, thank you. (Zacharia Malakai, USA)
This App will work on any device running iOS 5 or later. However, if you want to use Audiobus or do heavy performance and composing work, we recommend a minimum of iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4 or iPad 2.
Latest Release Notes - v1.5.11
• Song import is now fixed - no more silent playing
• Changing the instrument in the song detail screen now takes effect immediately, even if the song is playing.
• Selecting an instrument in Page 2 now loads its first voice into the on-screen music keyboard of the iPad.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...