Update: n-Track Studio Multitrack Recorder v3.0 Released – Adds MIDI Tracks, Built-In Multi Instrument Synth, Piano Roll & MIDI Keyboard (Via In-App Purchase)!
n-Track have released version 3.0 of n-Track Studio – their iOS Universal audio multitrack recorder. The update adds a built-in metronome and a 2D frequency spectrum sonogram. They have also added some new features via in-app purchase. These include MIDI tracks with a “multi-instrument” synth, MIDI editing in a Piano Roll and an on screen MIDI keyboard!
- Built-in metronome with programmable tempo changes
- EQ now appears as a popup window
- 2D frequency spectrum sonogram
- iOS 7 compatibility
New features available via in-app purchase:
- MIDI tracks with builtin multi instrument synth
- MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window
- On screen MIDI keyboard
- 3D frequency spectrum
- Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed "on the fly" during playback.
Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or .m4a format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch devices require an external mic.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Record a base track (i.e. rhythm guitar) with the built-in mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rhythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ add effects
• Email the recording directly from your device
• The max number of tracks depends on the device capabilities, with the iPad or iPhone 4 you can typically use 10 tracks or more
• EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Import existing tracks from your iTunes library
• Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel (effects pack available as in-app purchase)
• MIDI tracks with builtin synth featuring 128 General MIDI instrument sounds, MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window, support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI (MIDI features available as in-app purchase)
• n-Track is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Exchange and share your projects on all your desktop and mobile devices
• Supports Audiobus: you can send audio from other apps to n-Track, play your favorite instrument app and record the output inside n-Track alongside the device mic/line input. Each Audiobus app can be recorded to a separate track
• Supports interapp audio: receive audio from instrument apps (interapp audio requires iOS 7), use other apps as effects or host n-Track inside another app
• 64 bit double precision floating point audio engine
• Support for multichannel external audio devices on the iPad: record 4 or more tracks simultaneously from pro-audio devices such as the RME Babyface, Fireface, Focusrite Scarlett etc.
• Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices (multiple outputs available as in-app purchase)
• Record 16, 24 or 32 bits audio files
• Set sampling frequency up to 192 khz (frequencies above 48000 hz require an external audio device)
• Sync with other apps or external devices using MIDI clock and MTC sync, master & slave
• Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardiod, omnidirectional)
• Allows monitoring and processing live audio input with near-zero latency
• Automate track volumes and pan using volume and pan envelopes
• Use group channels to group and process tracks together
• 3D frequency spectrum
• AudioCopy 2.0 allows transferring audio files between compatible apps
• Support for DropBox and SoundCloud
• Built-in metronome
Latest Release Notes - v3.3.2
Fixed inter-app instruments not appearing in instruments list
Fixed compatibility with iOS 5.1.1
New in v3.3
• Improved support for USB audio devices with multiple outputs
• n-Track can now use the iPad built-in audio output and an USB device outputs simultaneously and independently
• Which channels are enabled can be set in the Settings -> Outputs box
• Improved MIDI clock compatibility with apps that require a virtual MIDI output such as DM1
• Fixed rare crashes browsing Dropbox folders
• Fixed some sliders not working in Phaser effects properties box
New in version 3.2:
• Besides using 3rd party apps as synths, n-Track now allows using compatible 3rd party apps as audio effects
• You can now also send audio from n-Track to other apps via Inter-App audio
• MIDI clock and MTC sync (master & slave)
• Import and save tracks from/to Dropbox
• Direct upload your song to Soundcloud
• Improved responsiveness when scrolling and zooming the song
Please contact us at http://ntrack.com/support or use the 'Contact support' command in the app if you have problems with the app or want to send us your comments or suggestions.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...