Update: Musaico v2.3 Released – Adds New “Live Mode” for Triggering Samples like a Traditional Hardware Sampler
Jeremy Huff has released version 2.3 of Musaico – his streamlined interface for recording and remixing music. The update adds “Live Mode” to let you trigger samples like a traditional hardware sampler.
Live Mode: Use the iPad’s processing to its fullest extent by triggering samples like a traditional hardware sampler
- Enter Live Mode by tapping the Production/Live switch. Your clips and groups will become arranged into a grid of large buttons.
- Clips will begin playing the moment your finger touches the screen. Stop playing or adjust loop settings with the control buttons. Adjust volume for each clip with the volume indicator control.
- Move clips around in the grid by tapping the Lock/Unlock switch, then dragging the clips around.
- For a higher degree of control, switch back to Production mode, tap the upper left button on a clip or group, the Edit Quantization to OFF, 1/8, 1/4, or 4/4. Now while in Live Mode, the clip will trigger immediately (OFF), or exactly on the half beat (1/8), full beat (1/4), or each 4th beat (4/4).
- Now you can edit a clip by tapping on the upper left hand corner of each clip to edit, duplicate, set quantization or delete the clip.
For more information about Musaico click here.
Clip it. Loop it. Mix it. Drop it.
Musaico is the most streamlined interface for recording and remixing music. Record, loop, layer, and remix sounds in real time, from layering guitar parts to looping rap beats. Designed and optimized as a universal app for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch platforms, you can record your musical ideas quickly and intuitively from anywhere.
Musaico features a new compositional paradigm consisting of integrated loop-based and timeline-based approaches. First, quickly record or import sound material, organize it, and loop it. Experiment with sounds by instantly triggering clips that will automatically play in time together. Then, drag clips into the timeline to create compositions with multitracker precision and control. Export those compositions back into loops and continue to refine your ideas in real time!
When running on the iPhone, Musaico offers all of the features as for the iPad, except for the timeline features.
Features included in Musaico:
- Real time, instant touch-and-play control interface. Record, play, import, and edit sound material without interrupting the audio stream
- Automatic beat alignment – sound material plays in time together
- Automatic or manual play speed adjustment
- Import from iPod library (supports non-DRM .m4a, .mp3, .aac, .caf, and .wav)
- Import from iOS clipboard using audio paste
- Precisely edit sound material with dynamic, real time waveform views – pinch to zoom, swipe to scroll, and tap to play
- Group sound material to play in time together
- Multiple timeline arrangement views with mute and solo, track volume, and metronome controls (iPad only)
- Export themes from timeline into loop-based clips (iPad only)
- Share clips, clip groups, or timeline themes via e-mail (.wav or .m4a formats for iPad, .m4a for iPhone)
- Demo projects included (3 for iPad and 1 for iPhone)
- IN THIS FULL VERSION ONLY - Live Mode: Play clips and groups like a hardware synthesizer, with various quantization settings to control when clips start
With your purchase of Musaico today, you will also be receiving all future updates to the software, which will include feature upgrades. Please let us know what you want to see next!
- Your friends at Musaico
Latest Release Notes - v2.5
Live Mode Recording - Tap the record button while in Live Mode and the audio output stream will be recorded into a new clip.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...