Update: Mixtikl v22.214.171.124 Released
09 December 2011:
Intermorphic have released version 126.96.36.199 of Mixtikl – their universal generative music lab. The update includes many new features and improvements.
New Visualiser Screen:
- Shows note sensitive visualisation, text and allows tap-play
- Tap top left for Main Menu or tap/hold to create new random mix
- Shake to create new random mix
- To configure operation go to Message & Vis Display Settings screen via top right button, or tap/hold to go to Mixer screen.
New Message & Visualiser Display settings:
- Top menu bar with several tap & tap/hold shortcuts (on some) buttons
- Open button: Tap to open list of previously saved files, tap/hold to search online for tweeted mixtikls
- Message button: Tap to copy your mixtikl to clipboard for e.g. tweeting, tap/hold to paste your mixtikl into a new email ready for sending
- Save button: Tap to save your mixtikl file locally, tap/hold to access the Mix Preview/Recording screen
- Play/Stop button
- Display Text Checkbox: If checked, display text in the visualiser
- Text Box to enter up to 140 characters of your own text
- Import/Export Buttons: Import/Export text from the clipboard
- Clear Button: Clear the text field
- Display Mode Radio Buttons:
- Message: Display words in a block as an on-screen message
- Words: Display words one at a time through display events
- Word Xtras:
- Extra Message Tap Words: Display floating text in addition to your message
- Jumbled: Display words in a random order / jumbled up
- Wordbank: Also include words from the Mixtikl word pool
- Display Events:
- Music / Taps: Allow music engine / tap events to drive the vis, shapes or text highlighting
- Tap Play:
- Auto: Let Mixtikl play the tap part for you!
- Default button:
- Saves current settings as defaults for new mixes
- Visualiser List: Choose one from the list visualizers available
- Shapes List: Choose a note shape from one of those available
- Added a new visual “Tap” track rule which can be used on multiple tracks (concurrently, too!); when set & you are in the visualiser screen, a tap will play the current active cell in that track, a tap/drag will change the pitch.
- Global volume control moved to Main Menu screen
Audio / MIDI:
- Added MIDI File Record option in the mix recording dialog (to export use iTunes App File Transfer or copy to Apple General Clipboard)
- Delay unit can now be synched to BPM (c.f. LFO BPM sync)
- Added support to attach audio / MIDI recordings to email
- Improved audio smoothness when adjusting track pan position
- Much reduced audio latency
- Better random mixes with Pak content filter in New Mix screen
- Improved graphics for better display on iPad
- Improved layout of Main Menu with global volume slider & direct link to Preview/Mix Recording screen
- Built-in Liptikl run time engine, used in places for word display
- Much smaller installs
- Rounded corners for frames & boxes
- Better padding of text elements & text in lists
- See website for where mixes/files transferred to desktop computer now need to be placed
Mixtikl is a generative music lab and a modular synth with a 12-track mixer and live effects. It is a powerful, deep and unique music lab / instrument.
For more information about Mixtikl click here.
You Might Also Like...