Update: MIDI Touch for iPad Updated to Version 2.3
23 July 2011:
Domestic Cat have released version 2.3 of MIDI Touch for iPad. The update brings a long list of improvments and bug fixes.
New controls & improvements:
- Labels â€” add colored text labels to your presets
- Steppers â€” New Stepper control: add values to a list and have the control step through backwards or forwards. Perfect for waveform selectors.
- Buttons â€” added new interlocking option, also good for waveform selectors, lighting application etc.
- Buttons â€” added new stepper option to step through values (i.e. +2, -2 etc)
- Accelerometer â€” added pitch bend message type
- XYZ Pads â€” added NRPN/RPN message type
- When pasting/duplicating controls, new controls are now selected
- Added option for alternative Note Off messages (Preferences -> Midi Preferences)
- Leading & trailing F0 … F7 now not automatically added for SYSEX messages. SYSEX messages can now be used to send arbitrary MIDI signals!
- Hi Res (14bit) messages for all controls now available
- Gestures for buttons â€” slide up and down to change values
- Fixed toggle for notes
- Nudge buttons could sometimes disappear
- Value on slider/knobs/button didn’t always respond to feedback
- Fixed bug when using ‘make uniform size’ for controls in containers
- Fixed problem where a low value was not sent for buttons that are momentary and assigned with a NRPN message
- Fixed bug where XYZ controls would respond incorrectly to feedback from controls that had a altered range
- Program change messages now working more reliably on drum pads
MIDI Touch is the ultimate MIDI controller for the iPad – it allows you to create your own custom controllers by placing knobs, sliders and other controls onto the screen wherever you want.
Send MIDI over Wi-Fi with latency as low as 2-5ms, and now with iOS 4.2 you can connect compatible MIDI hardware devices directly to iPad for near-zero latency using the USB Camera Connection Kit.
For more information about MIDI Touch click here.
You Might Also Like...