Update: Meteor Multitrack Recorder v1.5 Released – Now Supports Up to 24 Tracks!
4Pockets have released version 1.5 of Meteor – their multitrack recorder for the iPad. The update increases the default number of tracks from 12 to 16 (extendable to 24 via IAP). Other additions include a new Auto Quantise feature for the MIDI editor so you can quantise notes as they’re recorded, a redesigned mixer screen to handle more tracks with improved landscape viewing, support for Channel Pressure for MIDI instruments, and a new Replicate function for duplicating large sections of a song.
- Increased default number of tracks from 12 to 16 and added the ability to extend it to 24 via an In-App purchase.
- Added Replicate function to popup menu for duplicating large sections of a song.
- Added ability to override MIDI port in prefs so a track can specify it’s own MIDI port or applications virtual MIDI port.
- Added Auto Quantise feature to MIDI editor. You can now quantise MIDI notes as they are recorded.
- Redesigned the mixer screen to handle more tracks and better landscape viewing.
- Added support for Channel Pressure for MIDI instruments.
- Major optimisation of audio mixing engine for better low latency support.
- Increased the render speed of audio clips in view mode and the mixer display.
- Added a note stealing algorithm to the Sampler instrument for better handling of large polyphony.
- Virtual ports created by other iOS applications now show up correctly.
- Fixed a bug which caused clicking on clips that use the Cross Fade function with EQ enabled.
- Added the ability to change the volume level of an imported video clip.
- Fixed a possible crash when mixing down to a stereo track with ‘Remove existing parts on ALL tracks’ checked.
- Fixed the broken MIDI loop recording.
- Fixed a bug with MIDI step recording using the virtual keyboard.
- Creating a new project now clears previous track EQ settings from mixer.
For more information about Meteor Multitrack Recorder click here.
Meteor is a digital multi-track recorder DAW designed specifically for the iPad. The program features up to 24 tracks of high quality Stereo, Mono and MIDI audio, a built in mixer and multi-effects processor. Meteor is ideally suited for creating musical compositions, and also a great tool for journalists and business people who need to splice and piece together voice notes, narration or dictation. Compositions once mixed can be exported to standard file formats for use on your desktop PC or MAC.
Meteor includes a fully featured sound editor allowing recordings and Stereo Sounds from other Apps to be trimmed or spliced together. You can apply various effects to your recordings either directly, as part of the recording process or in real time during playback. Editor features include cut, copy, paste, fade in/out. clear, reverse, gain, normalize, remove DC offset, time stretch and pitch shift. Effects include digital delay, chorus / flanger, reverb, graphic equalizer, auto tune, noise gate, tremelo, tone boost and distortion.
The Mixer and effect levels can be fully automated using definable controller tracks. An integrated metronome with count-in helps you record your masterpiece, and If 24 tracks isn't enough there is a full stereo mixdown facility.
The MIDI Editor available through In-App purchase allows full editing of MIDI Note and Controllers as well as Scrubbing, Step Recordings and In-Place Editing of MIDI Parts.
•Record up to 16 tracks (upgradable to 24) of CD quality audio
•Integrated 16/24 channel Mixer
•Background Multi Tasking
•Import, Export, Email Midi Files
•The ability to Record & Play Midi Tracks and Sync with External Hardware using MIDI Clock.
•Integrated Sample Editor
•The ability to split incoming stereo tracks into two mono tracks.
•Stereo Recording and Stereo Tracks complete with Pure Stereo Imports.
•Insert Stereo Effects and Stereo Channels
•3 Global Send Effect Busses
•Insert Effects with freeze facility to reduce CPU load.
•Record Effects & Record Monitor
•Mixer and Effect Automation
•Supports iRig/Ampkit and ios 4.2 supported USB Adapters
•Import samples and iPod songs.
•Export to compressed CAF and WAV formats
•Automatic Delay Compensation
•In-App Purchases through the Online Shop found in the Help Menu Compressor (for side chaining)
If you have any questions or issues you can use our online support form and we will get back to you. http://www.4pockets.com/support/
Latest Release Notes - v1.70
Fixes an issue with the Sampler where after a prolonged period of use it stops producing sound.
Fixed an issue with selection in Track View on iOS7.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...