Update: Mackie Master Fader v1.4 Released – Adds DL806 Support, Show Improvements, A New Vintage EQ, Gate and Compressor & Much More!
Mackie have released version 1.4 of Mackie Master Fader – their iPad control surface. The update adds support for the DL806, Show improvements, a new Vintage EQ, Gate and Compressor, and more. Check out the full change log below.
Added support for DL806:
- Master Fader now works with both the DL1608 and the DL1608 including Offline operation. Shows, Snapshots, Presets and Access Limiting work seamlessly across DL mixers automatically.
New Show Improvements:
- Many Show, Snapshot and Synchronizations enhancements have been added. The Show Screen now displays Offline shows and the Current Show separately. The Current Show is saved to the iPad automatically as changes are made and the last modified date and time are shown. Channel Images and Icons are now stored in shows, recalled with snapshots and synchronized between devices. Up to 64 channel images may be used in a single show. All images used in the current show are displayed in the Channel>Images>Show Images list. And Shows are now recalled in the background (with indication in the Navbar) so that operation may continue as they load. All connected devices now remain online when shows are loaded.
New Vintage EQ, Gate and Compressor:
- After extensive analysis, development and testing, the new vintage EQ, compressor and gate deliver the sought-after musical characteristics of your favorite industry-standard processors. For each channel processor, the user can select between the new Vintage type for creative tone shaping and the current Modern type for surgical control. The vintage compressor and gate provide a lightning-fast attack, non-linear attack/release and program dependent release making them great for drums and other transient sources. The vintage EQ captures the unique interactions between the shelving bands and the gain and frequency-dependent Q structure of the parametric band to deliver the clarity and sheen of classic EQ designs. This EQ is great for getting guitar, bass, piano and other instruments to sit perfectly in a mix. Presets now store and recall the DSP type and new Vintage factory presets have been added.
- Improved Meter response.
- Improved taper on Gate Hold parameter to make it easier to adjust for shorter hold times.
- Added Tools>About>More button with additional software and firmware version information.
- Updated Quickstart Guide
- Updated Reference Guide
- Fixed bugs where the mixer button may disappear on the Channel View. This was most often seen on the iPad (1st generation).
- Fixed bug where popover lists did not show selection highlight.
- Fixed bug where device discovery could fail when repeatedly selecting the Tools>Devices button.
- Fixed bug where gate meter showed inaccurate value.
- Fixed bug where changing FX type did not show update on multiple connected iPad devices.
- Fixed bug where quickly swiping between channels in Channel View could show a black screen.
- Performed other minor fixes and stability improvements.
The Mackie Master Fader™ app gives you total control over your Mackie DL1608 or DL806 digital live sound mixer. With a user interface designed from the ground up for touch, all mix functions* are controllable using Master Fader via the wired dock connection in the DL Series Mixer or with a Wi-Fi network allowing you to control the mix from anywhere.
Mackie Master Fader v2.1 provides the perfect way to try out the functions of the DL1608 or DL806 mixer before you buy. For actual audio functionality, a Mackie DL Series Mixer is required.
• Intuitive touch control over every major mix function
• Grow and Glow™ clearly shows controls being adjusted
• Mixer view allows fast adjustment of channel controls* including solo, mute, pan and level with full metering
• Channel view gives control over a choice of powerful DSP-based plug-ins
-- Inputs: Choice of Vintage or Modern 4-band EQ, HPF, compression, gate
-- Master and Aux Sends: 4-band parametric EQ, 31-band GEQ, alignment delay, comp/limiter
-- FX: Reverb and Delay with dedicated channel sends and returns to each output
• Easy channel identification with channel naming and built in icons or images from your iPad camera
• Input channel linking for simple control of stereo sources
• Aux send linking perfect when using in-ear-monitors
• 4 assignable mute groups provides customizable control of channel muting
• 4 assignable view groups improves organization and eases navigation
• Quick Access Panel delivers instant access to critical and often used functions
• Wireless control provides the ability to tune the room, dial in monitor mixes and adjust effects from anywhere in the venue
• Support for up to 10 iOS devices connected wirelessly so other engineers or musicians can use additional devices to control monitor mixes and more
• Pair with Mackie My Fader app for pocketable wireless control
• Snapshots, shows and presets allow fast setup and scene changes
• Integrated stereo recording on a docked iPad
• Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
• 30-Pin Compatibility – Master Fader allows docked operation with the DL1608 and DL806 mixers with 30-Pin Connector with the iPad, iPad 2, and the iPad (3rd generation). Wireless operation is also supported with the iPad (4th generation), iPad Air and iPad mini.
• Lightning Compatibility – Master Fader allows docked operation with the DL1608 and DL806 mixers with Lightning Connector with the iPad (4th generation) and iPad mini (using optional iPad mini Tray Kit). Wireless operation is also supported with the iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) and iPad Air.
• DL1608 or DL806 Mixer - The Mackie Master Fader application does not mix audio on its own. It requires the DL Series Mixer hardware to fully function.
• Wi-Fi Router – For wireless control of a DL Series Mixer, a Wi-Fi router is required. See the DL Series Reference Guide for complete information.
And be sure to try Mackie My Fader for iPhone and iPod touch giving you powerful pocket sized control over your mix. Available now in the App Store.
Having trouble? Email email@example.com for support.
*Excludes preamp gain control
Latest Release Notes - v2.1.1
Fixed crash that could occur when upgrading from older 1.4.x versions of Master Fader.
Master Fader v2.1 adds significant output processing features, giving you even more power to shape your sound for the venue/applications.
After updating the app, the mixer firmware will also need to be updated. Please ensure you have enough time for both before your next gig.
Output Parametric EQ
• 4-band parametric EQ on all outputs
• 2 fully-parametric mid bands
• High and low bands selectable as parametric or shelving
• Additional HPF and LPF with variable slope control
• Works in parallel with GEQ for ultimate output EQ control
Output Alignment Delay
• Up to 350ms time alignment delay on all outputs
• Displayed in milliseconds, meters and feet for easy adjustment
• Separate temperature control accounts for ambient room temp
• Perfect for delay stacks, fill speakers or general system alignment tasks
• Master Fader now available in English, Spanish, French, German and Mandarin (Simplified Chinese)
• Users can now work in their native language
• Perfect for new users
Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements:
• Improved accuracy of EQ graphics code
• Fixed bug where Master Fader could stop registering touches while recording on iOS7
• Fixed crash bug when attempting to rename the current show under iOS6
• Fixed crash bug when pulling a show with maximum snapshots and images
• Fixed bug where the device name could be reset after an upgrade
• Fixed bugs with preset recall immediately after a channel link
• Fixed graphics issue with output selector on DL806
• Fixed bug with vintage comp/gate meter settings not being stored correctly
• Fixed bug where channel safes weren’t working properly offline
• Fixed bug when updating mixer with multiple iPad devices connected
• Fixed bug where access limiting wasn’t properly preventing access for linked outputs
• Fixed bug where access limiting wasn’t properly indicating limit state for output compressor
• Fixed bug where the podcast button wasn’t working properly
• Performed other minor fixes and stability improvements
*Important – Future major versions of Master Fader will require iOS 7 or later
Having trouble? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...