Update: Mackie Master Fader v1.1 Released
Mackie have released version 1.1 of Mackie Master Fader – their iPad control surface for the Mackie DL1608 16-Channel Digital Live Mixer. The update adds the ability to save snapshots, presets and device setups. They have also added quick start and reference guides.
- Added Snapshots and Shows via Snapshot button
- Added Factory and User Presets via Presets Button
- Added Devices for setup of wired and wireless mixers plus complete offline operation
- Added Help with included Quick Start Guide, Reference Guide and web links
- Various fixes
For more information about Mackie Master Fader click here.
The Mackie Master Fader™ app gives you total control over your Mackie DL1608 or DL806 digital live sound mixer. With a user interface designed from the ground up for touch, all mix functions* are controllable using Master Fader via the wired dock connection in the DL Series Mixer or with a Wi-Fi network allowing you to control the mix from anywhere.
Mackie Master Fader v2.1 provides the perfect way to try out the functions of the DL1608 or DL806 mixer before you buy. For actual audio functionality, a Mackie DL Series Mixer is required.
• Intuitive touch control over every major mix function
• Grow and Glow™ clearly shows controls being adjusted
• Mixer view allows fast adjustment of channel controls* including solo, mute, pan and level with full metering
• Channel view gives control over a choice of powerful DSP-based plug-ins
-- Inputs: Choice of Vintage or Modern 4-band EQ, HPF, compression, gate
-- Master and Aux Sends: 4-band parametric EQ, 31-band GEQ, alignment delay, comp/limiter
-- FX: Reverb and Delay with dedicated channel sends and returns to each output
• Easy channel identification with channel naming and built in icons or images from your iPad camera
• Input channel linking for simple control of stereo sources
• Aux send linking perfect when using in-ear-monitors
• 4 assignable mute groups provides customizable control of channel muting
• 4 assignable view groups improves organization and eases navigation
• Quick Access Panel delivers instant access to critical and often used functions
• Wireless control provides the ability to tune the room, dial in monitor mixes and adjust effects from anywhere in the venue
• Support for up to 10 iOS devices connected wirelessly so other engineers or musicians can use additional devices to control monitor mixes and more
• Pair with Mackie My Fader app for pocketable wireless control
• Snapshots, shows and presets allow fast setup and scene changes
• Integrated stereo recording on a docked iPad
• Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
• 30-Pin Compatibility – Master Fader allows docked operation with the DL1608 and DL806 mixers with 30-Pin Connector with the iPad, iPad 2, and the iPad (3rd generation). Wireless operation is also supported with the iPad (4th generation), iPad Air and iPad mini.
• Lightning Compatibility – Master Fader allows docked operation with the DL1608 and DL806 mixers with Lightning Connector with the iPad (4th generation) and iPad mini (using optional iPad mini Tray Kit). Wireless operation is also supported with the iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) and iPad Air.
• DL1608 or DL806 Mixer - The Mackie Master Fader application does not mix audio on its own. It requires the DL Series Mixer hardware to fully function.
• Wi-Fi Router – For wireless control of a DL Series Mixer, a Wi-Fi router is required. See the DL Series Reference Guide for complete information.
And be sure to try Mackie My Fader for iPhone and iPod touch giving you powerful pocket sized control over your mix. Available now in the App Store.
Having trouble? Email email@example.com for support.
*Excludes preamp gain control
Latest Release Notes - v2.1.1
Fixed crash that could occur when upgrading from older 1.4.x versions of Master Fader.
Master Fader v2.1 adds significant output processing features, giving you even more power to shape your sound for the venue/applications.
After updating the app, the mixer firmware will also need to be updated. Please ensure you have enough time for both before your next gig.
Output Parametric EQ
• 4-band parametric EQ on all outputs
• 2 fully-parametric mid bands
• High and low bands selectable as parametric or shelving
• Additional HPF and LPF with variable slope control
• Works in parallel with GEQ for ultimate output EQ control
Output Alignment Delay
• Up to 350ms time alignment delay on all outputs
• Displayed in milliseconds, meters and feet for easy adjustment
• Separate temperature control accounts for ambient room temp
• Perfect for delay stacks, fill speakers or general system alignment tasks
• Master Fader now available in English, Spanish, French, German and Mandarin (Simplified Chinese)
• Users can now work in their native language
• Perfect for new users
Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements:
• Improved accuracy of EQ graphics code
• Fixed bug where Master Fader could stop registering touches while recording on iOS7
• Fixed crash bug when attempting to rename the current show under iOS6
• Fixed crash bug when pulling a show with maximum snapshots and images
• Fixed bug where the device name could be reset after an upgrade
• Fixed bugs with preset recall immediately after a channel link
• Fixed graphics issue with output selector on DL806
• Fixed bug with vintage comp/gate meter settings not being stored correctly
• Fixed bug where channel safes weren’t working properly offline
• Fixed bug when updating mixer with multiple iPad devices connected
• Fixed bug where access limiting wasn’t properly preventing access for linked outputs
• Fixed bug where access limiting wasn’t properly indicating limit state for output compressor
• Fixed bug where the podcast button wasn’t working properly
• Performed other minor fixes and stability improvements
*Important – Future major versions of Master Fader will require iOS 7 or later
Having trouble? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...