Update: Genome MIDI Sequencer v1.1.2 Released
White Noise Audio Software have released version 1.1.2 of Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) – their pattern based MIDI sequencer for the iPad. The updates adds many new features, improvements and fixes to the Sequencer, Piano Roll / Pattern Editor, playback and recording.
- Better visual feedback on patterns that are playing
Piano Roll / Pattern Editor Page
- Fixed bug with â€˜View Snapâ€™ zoom mode that was causing view to jump around
- Added a â€˜dead zoneâ€™ on zooming so zooming doesnâ€™t occur immediately
- Added scrollbars for easier navigation
- Fixed timing bug that occurred when changing pattern length while recording
- Fixed Pattern Mini-map
- Fixed a serious bug with changing note lengths
- Fixed stuck note when bringing up the tap â€˜n hold menu
- Fixed bug that occurred if you duplicated a pattern more than once. One of the duplicates wouldnâ€™t play at first.
- Improved naming of duplicates. No longer calls them â€˜copy copy copy.. â€œ, instead â€œcopy 1, copy 2â€³, etc.
- It is now possible to have notes that stretch past the end of the pattern without being cut off as soon as the pattern ends
- Fixed a bug on switching song steps that would kill all playing notes.
- Some under-the-hood changes to the way looping works (mainly for the above change)
- NEW: Pattern Info -> Added â€˜Legatoâ€™ launch quantization option. This allows patterns to change immediately and still keep sync.
- NEW: Pattern Info -> Added Loop flags (affects how looping works, with regards to starting and continuing notes)
- Notes that extend past the end of the pattern will no longer be broken into two notes (see pattern playback changes)
- Updated MIDI Mobilizer library
- The â€˜Send Syncâ€™ button (formerly, â€œSend Clockâ€) in the MIDI config, now controls whether MIDI Start and MIDI Stop messages are sent as well as Clock.
- Background Mode changes. Itâ€™s now easier to do external clock sync while Genome is in the background. If Genome is not playing, it will wait in the background for 15 minutes unless you toggle the â€˜backgroundâ€™ button in the settings (which will cause it to sleep immediately). If Genome is playing, it will run in the background until stopped.
- Added options for controlling Latency Compensation for MIDI Sync (sync-in and out)
- Fixed track â€˜scaleâ€™ not getting reset on song->clear
For more information about Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) click here.
Musicians can start tearing it up in the studio with Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS), a powerful pattern based MIDI sequencer for the iPad. With GMS you can control all of your MIDI gear and apps* - sequence single patterns or an entire 16 track song.
GMS is fun, easy and portable. Whether you want to make music from the couch, a hotel room or on stage, GMS is the right tool for the job.
It is great for people looking to try an alternate studio setup, searching for a compact sequencer to bring to band practice or those who just want to find a way to ditch the bulky laptop.
GMS easily syncs your drum machines and arpeggiators by sending and receiving MIDI clock messages. General MIDI files can be exported and imported for integration with desktop apps**.
Genome MIDI Sequencer is made for accessories like the Alesis ioDock, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer, the Yamaha i-MX1, the iRig MIDI and compatible MIDI devices using the Camera Connection Kit.
Genome also works great for sequencing other iOS apps. Now you can program melodies and basslines for apps like NLog PRO or Sunrizer while keeping a beat synced with Modrum.
IMPORTANT NOTE: GMS does does not produce any sounds by itself. Some MIDI gear, plugins or other music apps that support virtual midi connections are required to use this app.
List of MIDI USB devices that do and do not work with the CCK: http://iosmidi.com/devices/
- CoreMIDI, Line6 Mobilizer Mk I & II compatible
- Network MIDI for sending MIDI to other iOS devices and Macs***
- Sends and Receives MIDI Clock Sync, Start and Stop events
- Also sends Note On, Note Off, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Channel Pressure and CC’s
- Pattern Based, pattern changes occur on bar boundaries so song stays in sync
- On screen keyboard interface
- Up to 16 simultaneous tracks, unlimited number of patterns
- Song / live modes
- Supports background operation for multitasking
- Record incoming CC’s and Notes
- Undo / redo for most actions
Rated as a Killer App by Apps4iDevices - http://apps4idevices.com/read/genome-midi-sequencer.html
Computer Music gave it 4.5 Stars - http://www.musicradar.com/gear/tech/computers-software/mobile-apps/ipad-apps/genome-505059
* Apps must support virtual MIDI ports
** Supports exporting songs and patterns from GMS and importing MIDI loops (not complete multitrack songs).
*** Your local network conditions will affect performance. The Windows rtpMIDI driver is not officially supported at this time.
Latest Release Notes - v1.1.3
- Bug fix: Importing a file with a .MIDI extension would cause Genome to crash.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where 'LastSong' could get corrupted when force-closing Genome
- Bug fix: Background Mode setting was not properly saved from the config panel
- Bug fix: Emailing a file always sent the file as an audio/wav file and named it 'audio'. Now uses the proper mime type and file name.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...