Update: FunkBox Drum Machine v3.0 Released
Synthetic Bits have released version 3.0 of FunkBox – their vintage drum machine app designed to look, feel, and sound like a classic beatbox from the 70s and 80s.
- iOS 6 compatible
- Retina graphics support for iPad and iPhone 5
- Five new classic vintage drum machines: DX, Drumulator, TOM, KR55, and RX11
- New pattern presets, including a bonus bank inspired by classic drum machine presets
- Support for 3/4 time signature
- New box and pattern storage menus
- New improved custom drum box and sample management menu
- Improved Audio/MIDI settings menu
- Easily share your custom patterns and boxes through email
- Edit pattern names
- Closed hat chokes open hat
- MIDI bass line sequencer
- MIDI CC control of volume, pan, mute
- MIDI start/stop control
- OMAC fast switch support, to quickly switch between apps
- PDF manual included with app for offline reading
- Misc improvements and bug fixes
If you have custom patterns or boxes saved, they will be automatically converted to use with 3.0, but we recommend backing them up to iTunes before upgrading.
For more information about FunkBox Drum Machine click here.
Funkbox contains all your favorite vintage drum machine sounds in one funky quirky little app! FunkBox has been used by electronic artists such as Gorillaz (on their album “The Fall”) and Tom Middleton (Global Communications, Jedi Knights). FunkBox has also been used by rock/pop musicians such as Joan Osborne (“What If God Was One Of Us”) and Glenn Tilbrook (Squeeze) live in concert. Its quirky vintage sounds and advanced features make it popular with musicians of many music genres, both live and in the studio!
FunkBox was featured in Computer Music Magazine's "Amazing Music Apps" special issue and Electronic Musician magazine's "Attack of the Killer Apps" best music tools for the iPad.
FunkBox 3.3 features:
The look, feel, sound and quirks of a classic vintage drum machine.
iOS 6 compatible, iPhone 5 retina graphics compatible, iPad retina graphics compatible.
Universal app that works great on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Buy it once and you can use it on all your iOS devices.
Fourteen classic boxes to choose from, including favorites like the 808, 909, CR-78, LM-2, MRK-2, DX, TOM, and more.
Create your own custom boxes by mix and matching preset samples, or even import and use your own custom samples.
Includes 36 preset rhythm patterns, plus several more bonus banks. Easily edit the included patterns to create your own beats.
Export your drum loops as audio or midi via email, audio pasteboard, or the iTunes folder.
Easily share your custom boxes and patterns via email with your friends, or between your devices.
Use CoreMIDI to sync up with “real” music equipment or other music apps, multi-tasking in the background or on other nearby iOS devices.
Use the bonus MIDI bass sequencer to play a bassline along with your beat using another iOS app or a “real” hardware synth!
…and lots more. Need some beats? Grab yourself some funk in a box.
Latest Release Notes - v3.3
- Open .zip files from Mail, Safari, etc with FunkBox
- MIDI routing setups are now saved
- Added master volume MIDI CC (#8)
- Added MIDI CC offset option
- Added MIDI velocity in
- Export bass sequences as MIDI file
- Option to hide FunkBox virtual MIDI ports
- Latest Audiobus library
- Double transpose bug fixed, if you have custom boxes you may need to re-adjust pitches
- Other misc bug fixes and improvements
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...