Update: Fairlight and Fairlight Pro Version 1.1.5 Released
27 August 2011:
Fairlight Instruments have released version 1.1.5 of Fairlight and Fairlight Pro. The update includes many new features and improvements.
- Added setting to boost audio channel volume
- Can now export any imported voice
- Changed default performance setting for iPhone/iPod to “compromise”
- Lower default sound effects volume
- Improved response when adjusting voice values in Page 3
- Now selects a song’s instrument for Page 3 when selecting song
- Sampling VU meter changed so red actually means distorted
- Fixed bug where sampled voices were misplaced sometimes
- Contact us if you have missing voices. We may be able to recover them
- Fixed bug where misplaced voice quit app on selection
- Fixed bug where cancelling sampling deleted voice files
- Fixed Page 2 new song navigation on iPhone and iPod
- Fixed endless note when deleting a playing voice
- Fixed incorrect waveform display in Retina display
- Fixed sampling waterfall display so it doesn’t break up with loud sounds
- Fixed bug with Akai SynthStation 25 where pitch wheel was applied to all voices in Page R
Experience music making â€˜80s style with this awesome retro app, modelled on the legendary Fairlight Computer Musical Instrument. Preloaded with 500+ CMI Series II sounds and 100+ Series III sounds, for the first time a byte-perfect re-issue of the classic CMI sounds of the 80s.
This app includes the famous â€˜Page Râ€™, which was the world’s first screen-based rhythm sequencer. Today every sampler, digital synthesiser, sequencer and audio workstation can trace its lineage back to this legendary machine.
Now you can make music using tools like those used by artists including Alan Parsons, Jean Michel Jarre, Trevor Horn, Thomas Dolby, Brian Eno, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder and so many more.
This app is a part midi player, part creative tool and part history lesson â€“ developed by Fairlight staff who worked on the CMI in the ’80s.
For can find out more information visit the fairlight Pro and Fairlight pages.
You Might Also Like...