Update: Epic Synth v2.1 Released – Adds Support for iPad Retina Display & More
JPMartineau has released version 2.1 of Epic Synth – his iOS Universal polyphonic subtractive synthesiser. The update adds support for the new iPad’s Retina display. It also includes many other improvements and bug fixes.
- Added support for the new iPad’s Retina display
- Graphical changes
- Improved drawing efficiency
- System-level improvements
- Removed gloss on app icon
- Bug Fix: CoreMIDI device detection
Epic Synth is a polyphonic analog-like synthesizer inspired by classic synths of the 1980s. Its beautiful and straightforward interface lets you focus on the essential: the pleasure of creating new sounds! Supports AudioBus.
Epic Synth's simple and effective sound architecture stood the test of time. It's simple enough for beginners to learn about synthesis yet powerful enough to satisfy experienced sound modellers. Epic Synth's sound engine provides tons of room to create great sounds, from classic leads to juicy acid basses, from 8-bit-like effects to complex evolving sonic textures.
• AudioBus support
• Universal all: works on iPhone, iPod and iPad
• Classic time-tested sound architecture
• Five voices of polyphony (Six on the iPad)
• Arpeggiator with key hold
• Patch memory stores 6 banks of 8 programs
• Single patch sharing via email
• Full memory backup via email
• Pitch bend (on iPad, iPhone 5 and via MIDI on older iPhones)
• Compatible with IK Multimedia iRig MIDI
• Compatible with Akai SynthStation25
• Compatible with Alesis IO Dock
• Compatible with Line6 MIDI Mobilizer
• Compatible with Line6 MIDI Mobilizer II
• Compatible with Yamaha i-MX1
• Compatible with CoreMIDI devices, including Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
For the most enjoyable experience, we recommend you use Epic Synth with the iRig MIDI Interface. It's readily available in most Apple Store retail locations.
Use of external accessories with newer iPhone and iPod requires a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.
Epic Synth was created in Montréal (Canada) by an passionate synthesizer-addicted indy iOS software developer.
Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
Support for Akai Pro's SynthStation25 keyboard controller is included. SynthStation25 delivers instant hardware control for improved performance capability and expression. For more information on SynthStation25, visit http://www.synthstationapp.com.
Latest Release Notes - v2.4
Updated AudioBus support
Screenshots & Videos
Epic Synth is now an iOS Universal polyphonic synthesizer supporting CoreMIDI and the Line 6 Midi Mobilizer MIDI interface. It was inspired by legendary analog synthesizers of the 1980s. It’s designed from the ground up to be easy to use, powerful, and fun!
EpicSynth distills the essence of subtractive synthesis into a simple yet powerful app. Epic Synth’s sound architecture is simple enough for beginners to learn about synthesis yet powerful enough to satisfy experienced sound modelers. Its straightforward interface is never an obstacle and lets you focus on the essential: the pleasure of creating new sounds!
For more information about Epic Synth click here.
You Might Also Like...