Update: CMP Grand Piano v1.3.4 Released – Adds New Multi-track MIDI Recorder / Player and MIDI File Import & Export
Christian Schoenebeck has released version 1.3.4 of CMP Grand Piano – his high quality virtual piano for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. The update adds a new multi-track MIDI recorder/player allowing you to record and save your performances as standard MIDI files and share them via iTunes file sharing. It also fixes a number of bugs.
- Added multi-track MIDI recorder / player (check out the demo song!)
- Fixes in base sound “Grand Piano”
- Fixed hanging “red keys” which might occur sometimes (only affected the virtual keyboard on screen)
MIDI Player / Recorder Features:
- Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format
- Unlimited amount of tracks
- Unlimited recording and playback length
- Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes
- Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it
- Use the “Tempo Zoom” dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily
The best sounding piano app in the App Store! Convince yourself by watching and listening to the demo video on our product website!
This app supports Apple's "Inter-App Audio" System (requires iOS 7) and the "JACK Audio Connection Kit" (up to iOS 6.1.3) for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps!
CMP Grand Piano is a high quality virtual piano sound module for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It is designed for professional usage on stage by connecting an external MIDI keyboard to the iPad / iPhone / iPod touch by using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹
CMP Grand Piano provides a very realistic sound by using a very large collection of audio samples of more than 1.7 GB (uncompressed) in size. Various articulations of each key of a real piano were sampled in full length and high quality to assemble this realistic sound. Real-time disk streaming is utilized to playback the respective audio samples with very low latency.
- Two high quality base sounds ("Grand Piano" and "Jazz Piano") with more than 1.7 GB in size.
- Two additional sounds available as in-app purchase ("Concert Grand" and "Upright Pianino") with additional 1.6 GB and 1.1 GB respectively in size.
- Polyphony up to 100 stereo voices.²
- Configurable audio latency down to 5ms.
- Integrated effects with 17 presets.
- MIDI velocity response curve editor to fine tune the feeling of your MIDI keyboard, save them as presets if you use more than one keyboard.
- App can keep running in the background, so you can play piano while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
- Hermode Tuning: Makes the sound more brilliant by controlling the pitch of the notes in multivoiced music to better frequency ratios than with fixed tuning. This dynamic tuning imitates the tuning behavior of well educated musicians with string and wind instruments and of singers in professional choirs.
- Supports Apple's "Inter-App Audio" system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (iOS 7).
- Supports "JACK Audio Connection Kit" for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (up to iOS 6.1.3).
MIDI Player / Recorder:
- Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
- Unlimited amount of tracks.
- Unlimited recording and playback length.
- Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
- Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
- Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
Note: This app requires quite some hardware resources from the device. In case there are problems with this app, please close apps in the background by double pressing the device's home button, the list of active apps appears on the bottom of the screen, tap and hold one app icon in the list, then press the respective app icon "minus" corner to quit those apps.
¹ For more informations about supported adapters and MIDI keyboard devices, please visit our product website.
² Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
Latest Release Notes - v1.8.12
- Two new piano sounds available as in-app purchase ("Concert Grand" & "Upright Pianino").
- Added new setting "Run App in Background", to provide a more convenient way controlling this behavior.
!! IMPORTANT: !! this setting is from now on disabled by default to avoid confusion for new users ! So if you want to continue running the app in the background and you do not use "Inter-App Audio" or "JACK Audio Connection Kit", then you have to explicitly enable this setting !
- Fix: there were some problems with the MIDI recorder's track control buttons on newly added tracks.
- Fix: Update sound selector widgets and sound image on external MIDI program change messages.
- Fixed a crash which could happen under rare circumstances on startup.
- iOS 7 Fix: Text entry dialog was not displayed correctly when pressing "Save".
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...