Update: Caelestis v1.2 Released – Adds Virtual MIDI Out, SoundCloud Sharing & DropBox Support (Via IAPs)
James Milton has released version 1.2 of Caelestis – his free sample-based experimental music app for the iPad. The update adds support for SoundCloud sharing and dropbox to the “audio import/export” in-app purchase. He has also added another IAP for Virtual MIDI out, allowing Caelestis to send MIDI messages to other compatible apps. The update also includes several other improvements and bugs fixes.
- The Audio Import/Export upgrade now includes support for SoundCloud and Dropbox.
- Virtual MIDI out has been added as a new upgrade option. This allows Caelestis to send MIDI messages to other apps!
- Background Audio has been added.
- Each shape now has its own note selector.
- Added a more obvious screen for deleting audio files from the app.
- Fixed a small bug that caused the app to crash when scrolling to the very bottom of the compatible apps list.
Caelestis is a unique, sample based generative music app that creates sounds with bouncing balls. Three shapes on the screen are used as 'rooms' that contain a sound. Different coloured balls can be thrown around inside these rooms, generating notes when one collides with a side. Using different combinations of balls and sounds, all kinds of beautiful performances can be achieved.
Check out a teaser video here: https://vimeo.com/55674260
*** Caelestis has been rated as a Killer App by apps4idevices.com! ***
*** Check out the review here: http://apps4idevices.com/read/caelestis.html ***
- Three rooms, with up to three balls at one time per room.
Each room can be spun around to change the path of the
- Balls added and removed easily by dragging or tapping in
the middle of each room.
- Four different ball colours.
- Speed control for the balls.
- Pitch control using the built in keyboard, octave control
using the different coloured balls.
- Delay and Reverb FX.
- A mixer unit, allowing volume and FX control over each
- 30 presets in three categories: Tuned, Abstract and
- Import your own samples into the app via Audio Paste. Audio can be re-pitched by up to 12
semitones. Please note that only WAV and MP3 are supported
- Virtual MIDI out
- SoundCloud and Dropbox support
- Record your performances and export them via Audio Copy
- Please note that Audio Copy and Paste, SoundCloud and Dropbox are only available after a paid upgrade.
- Virtual MIDI is available as a separate upgrade.
Contact the developer at: email@example.com
Latest Release Notes - v1.4.1
Improved Wired MIDI compatibility
Added a list of connected MIDI sources
Updated Audiobus library
Updated AudioCopy library
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...