Update: Auria v1.05 Released – Adds New Fabilter Plug-ins for In-App Purchase + Auria LE Announced!
WaveMachine Labs have released version 1.05 of Auria – their 48-track digital recording system designed for the iPad. The update adds a number of new optional plug-ins available for in-app purchase including ClassicVerb Pro, FabFilter Pro-C, Pro-DS, Pro-G, Pro-L, Saturn, Timeless2 and Volcano2. It also includes a number of new features and bug fixes.
They have also announced Auria LE – a streamlined version (less tracks, subgroups, plugins etc.) of Auria that let’s you record, edit, and mix your music using essential tools taken from the full version, but in a less expensive package designed for those who donâ€™t need every feature.
Auria LE will be available this Wednesday and will be priced at $24.99. It will allow an upgrade option to unlock the full version of Auria for $24.99.
For more information, including a feature comparison, visit the Auria blog. We’ll let you know as soon as Auria LE becomes available.
What’s New in Auria v1.05:
- In the â€œLoad Projectâ€ dialog, Auria allowed moving the currently active project to another folder
- Automation does not get saved when freezing a track
- Frozen tracks do not properly compensate for latency once unfrozen (for example in plugins like Drumagog)
- When duplicating a region when the snap is set to Bar or Beats, the duplicated region doesnâ€™t snap
- Changing a preset on a plugin, then undoing it, sometimes a crash occurs
- Importing AAFs can result in MasterStrips being put in place of ChannelStrips on certain channels
- Adding a track to a project sometimes would result in a corrupted region being added to the new track
- Rare issue with Auria crashing after recording
- Removing a plugin from an insert on a track, then undoing would sometimes cause the wrong plugin to get re-loaded
- When installing Auria onto a new iPad (from a backup), the Convolution Reverb IR files list is empty
- Moving the Waveform Gain Slider to the left will disable waveform drawing, allowing much faster draw rates for slower iPads and larger projects
- New Edit feature: â€œSelect Highlighted Regionsâ€ will select any regions currently highlighted (similar to using a â€œlassoâ€ tool)
- New version of DropBox
- New version of JamUp which fixes several crashing bugs
New Fabfilter plugins for sale in the Auria Store
- Pro-C Compressor
- Pro-DS De-Esser
- Pro-G Gate
- Pro-L Limiter
- Timeless 2
- Volcano 2
Auria - the 48-track digital audio recording system for iPad.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
The mobile DAW you've been dreaming of has arrived. Auria is a 48-track digital recording system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like AAF import/export, and optional third-party plugin support from names like PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• 48 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files. (24 tracks on iPad 1)
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using Dirac 3 Pro technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Adjustable pan laws
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
Includes a demo song mixed on Auria by Grammy winning producer/engineer David Kahne.
iPad 2 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models (iPad 1 has only 24 tracks, 44.1KHz and 48 KHz)
iOS 5.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
WIST is a trademark and software of KORG INC.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
Latest Release Notes - v1.140
Various bug fixes. See our forum for more info
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...