Update: Animoog v1.0.2 Released – Adds New BASE Pack (via In-App Purchase)
Moog Music Inc. have caused quite a stink with the release of version 1.0.2 of Animoog. The update enables In-App Purchases so you can get new sounds and presets for your Animoog – including the new BASE pack! The price of the app has also been lowered to $2.99 (regular price is $29.99).
“The BASE Pack is born from a quest Moog engineers embarked on with help from researchers at The University of North Carolina at Asheville to discover the most primordial sounds known to man. The result is the Biomimetically Augmented Synthesis Expansion Pack (BASE Pack) for the Animoog synthesizer. The BASE Pack is a collection of timbres and presets that radically extends the sonic capabilities of Animoog from the purely electronic realm of its Moog ancestry into a richly organic world of biological sound.
In addition to the over 40 new Timbre files, Moog recruited top sound designers to craft 25 powerful new presets which demonstrate the range of BASE sounds that Animoog can now emit. Some of the Presets included are Extravasation, Eructations, Bad Beans, Bathtub Bubbles, and Oops Sorry Excuse Me. Some of the Timbres included are Sploot2, WetGas1, Dribbly, WetSquish2 and Excuse Me.”
“The BASE Pack is only the first in a series of wide-ranging, boundary-pushing sonic updates to come.”
- Biomimetically Augmented Synthesis Expansion – An exciting new expansion for Animoog allows you to extend the sonic range of Animoog using timbres based on the human body.
- 40 New Timbres â€“ Mix and match the BASE Pack’s timbres with Animoog’s already exsisting timbres to create new sonic landscapes. Choose from Airy Squeaks, Bloot, Bubbles, Dribbles, ExcuseMe, Steam, WetSquish, and many more.
- 25 New Presets â€“ Get started making music easily with the BASE pack’s 25 new presets including Bad Beans, Barking Spiders, Cheeky, Industrial Gasses, and Damp Machine
The BASE pack is available as an in-app purchase for $0.99.
For more information, including sound demos, visit moogmusic.com.
Introducing the BASE Pack for Animoog:
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC. Powered by Moogâ€™s new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), it is a professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
It’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutiqueâ€™s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
For more information about Animoog click here.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: IF NO SOUND from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
Latest Release Notes - v2.1.1
Improved performance on first-generation iPad.
Bug Fix: 4 Track Recorder now remains unlocked while iPad is offline (as originally intended).
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...