***THE MOST SENSITIVE TUNER FOR iOS! ***
Two tuners in one! Along with its completely foolproof automatic tuner, Tune-O-Rama also incorporates an equally painless chromatic tuner that you can access at the touch of a button. With its professional-grade accuracy, ease-of-use and ridiculously low price-tag, Tune-O-Rama is *the* tuner to own for any serious musician. There are no regrets here.
Featuring a detection range of 1200+ Hz, Tune-O-Rama is suitable for use with a vast array of instruments in its chromatic mode. Both its guitar and chromatic modules incorporate the special 4-phase pitch detection algorithm developed in our laboratories, and ensures that Tune-O-Rama is still the most sensitive and easy-to-use musical tuner for the iPhone platform.
In the automatic mode, Tune-O-Rama is an intelligent, real-time tuner specifically designed for the guitar and the bass. Unlike most other software guitar tuners that perform a single-stage analysis on the input, Tune-O-Rama uses a sophisticated 4-tier detection algorithm for increased accuracy and sensitivity, developed after extensive measurement of the tonal qualities of plucked instruments in our labs:
1) The instrument's sound is first passed through an acoustic gate, engaging the measurement module.
2) The input is processed by a specially designed filter to reduce atmospheric artifacts and focus the frequency distribution
3) The resulting soundwave is then resolved to its frequencies
4) An algorithm tailored for plucked instruments then interprets the data and produces the final reading
In this mode, Tune-O-Rama offers presets for 20 different tunings, including Open-G, DADGAD, Csus2, and of course, the Standard, and provides one-touch +/- transposition for flat tunings commonly encountered on the guitar and the bass.
In this mode, Tune-O-Rama employs a more sophisticated version of the original algorithm to detect the pitch of many types of musical instruments. With a 1200 Hz range, it is
suitable for use not only with the guitar and bass, but also with the mandolin, uke, violin and more. The chromatic mode makes alternate tunings a breeze, and can also be used for note recognition.
Offering +-5 cent accuracy in both modes, Tune-O-Rama has a sleek and intuitive user interface modeled after professional tuners.
PLEASE NOTE: iPod Touch 2G and 3G don't have built-in mics: hence, users need an iPod Touch-compatible external mic or mic'd earphones plugged into to the audio jack.
• Dedicated Guitar/Bass ("Auto") and general Chromatic modes
• Our patented 4-stage tuning algorithm for stringed instruments
• Ultra-precision tuning with +/- 5 cent accuracy.
• Intelligent string detection in Guitar/Bass mode
• Adjustable reference pitch (std. is A=440 Hz...adjust within 20Hz radius)
• 1200+ Hz pitch detection range in chromatic mode
• Sleek and intuitive user interface, designed for fast tuning
• Fast or slow pitch detection, to suit visual/sensory preference
• Adjustable pitch-tracking sensitivity
• Single-string option in Auto mode (via string select buttons)
• +/- transposition for flat or sharp tunings
• Two simultaneous delta readouts: needle and light
• Volume bar-meter
• 20 different guitar/bass tunings
• iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4 with OS 3.0 and better
• iPod Touch 2nd Generation or Newer, OS 3.0 or better. 2nd and 3rd gen iPod Touches will need a mic attachment, as they don't have built-in mics.
Latest Release Notes - v2.1
-- Comprehensive iOS4 update for full integration with the new OS subsystem
-- Increased minimum required OS to 3.0