TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome is an all-inclusive application designed for the pro musician to the beginning player. Whether you play a brass, a woodwind, a string instrument, or any member of the guitar family, this application can help you improve your skills. It is so much more than just a tuner!
The tuner responds to all instrument types in the pitch range from C0 to C8. Features include the target tuner display, a dedicated string tuning screen, eight octave keyboard (iPad only), chromatic wheel, and a tone generator that includes high quality multi-sampled instruments for symphonic brass and woodwinds, which is unique among all other tuning applications.
The user-friendly multi-function metronome provides the meter and subdivision options that you'll most often need, quickly accessible at any time.
The analysis page includes frequency and harmonic energy plots, along with a scrolling waveform display, all of which aid the players or ensemble to “see” as well as hear their sound. Audiobus and MIDI features allow the sound library to be used with compatible music notation and recording apps.
While musicians strive to improve their sounds and skills, the TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome makes practicing more effective and fun.
• Large colorful animated tuner on all three tuner screens
• Bright flat/sharp indicators when tones are very out of tune
• Highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Separate orchestral string and guitar tuning modes
• Extensive tuning list for all standard fretted string instruments and many more features specifically designed for a string tuner
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard for the iPad that enhances many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Indicators of note name, octave, cents offset, and frequency are seen on each page of the tuner
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Recognizes a very large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8)
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Major/minor chords and polyphonic chords
• Generates a pitch reference note using the TonalEnergy instruments or waveforms
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform display with recording and playback.
• Metronome tempo controls up to 300bpm, with tap-tempo, 6 subdivision choices, 23 simple, compound, and duple/triple meters, and visual flash
• Various notation options including standard English, Solfege, and Northern European variants
• External MIDI keyboard control support via CoreMidi and Akai Synthstation 25, as well as virtual MIDI, and background operation
• Audiobus support to allow analyzing the output of other applications, or streaming output to other music notation and recording applications
• Recording feature to create exercises using the TonalEnergy instruments or your own, exportable via iTunes sharing, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, or Open In another app
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor using an interface adaptor cable
• Supports external video output for displaying all tuner screens to an external display for use in classrooms or rehearsal halls
• Universal app, with all device orientations supported
• Bluetooth output support
• Adjustable A=440Hz reference
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Soprano Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square and sawtooth waveforms
• Plucked Strings
Latest Release Notes - v1.3
• Improved responsiveness and sensitivity for all string, winds and tunable percussion instruments
• New string and guitar tuning interface that provides an array of unique features which includes over 100 easily accessible tunings
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard interface for the iPad that enhances many of the key aspects of the tone generator's functions
• User-defined temperaments
• Metronome now includes comprehensive meter options, with tonal and visual accents to differentiate the first beat of a measure with internal beats and subdivisions
• Various notation options including standard English, Solfège, and Northern European variants
• Added Organ and Plucked String instruments
• Added compressor/limiter to tone generator to maximize volume without distortion
• Option to record microphone input with reverb effect
• Streamlined preferences
For iOS7, make sure that TE Tuner has permission to access audio input; if it is not recognizing any incoming sound, open the main Settings app, go to Privacy->Microphone and be sure that TE Tuner is enabled there.
Don't forget to update your user reviews and ratings for the new version! Also, please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on the forums at http://tonalenergy.com for any questions or concerns, as developers cannot respond to user reviews in the App Store!