Update: ThumbJam v2.1 Released – Improves MIDI Support, Export Options & More!
Sonosaurus have released version 2.1 of ThumbJam. The update includes improved MIDI support, export options, VoiceOver accessibility, and fixes several bugs. We are also told that to follow will be a bunch of new downloadable instruments and loops.
- Allows background recording, when TJ is being controlled by other MIDI-enable software or hardware, records both the generated audio and the incoming MIDI.
- MIDI Thru mode option (translates scale lock mode if enabled)
- Added Instrument Mute option which silences instrument audio output (Sound->Volume), useful when using ThumbJam as a MIDI controller
- MIDI file export of active loops with ‘Open In’ in another app, or via email. Now puts all loops into a single Type 1 MIDI file, one track per loop.
- Now responds to MIDI bank and program change messages, to change the loaded instrument, or quick key/scale slot (see manual for details)
- Export/Import of user presets added (for backup purposes), accessible via Wifi Transfer interface
- VoiceOver support improved dramatically: on iOS5 you can now play the instrument on the main play area without switching out of VoiceOver mode. Sliders are now more accessible, properly announcing their name and value, as well as being swipe adjustable.
- Split multi-instrument presets can now be saved
- Can now specify category for user-created instruments
- Added options parameter to specify the concert A reference tuning in Hz
- Fixed ‘button-of-death’ that unexpectedly deleted all user data
- Fixed custom scale saving issues
- Fixed voice stealing when sustained
- Fixed various MIDI event sending buglets
- Fixed occasional loss of downloaded instruments
- Fixed issues with saving the MIDI files
- Fixed issues when other apps change the samplerate, was causing loops/instruments to be out of tune
- Fixed crash with voiceover use on iPad
- and probably more….
ThumbJam is a powerful musical performance experience for the iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch. You get over 30 high-quality real instruments multi-sampled exclusively for this app. Hundreds of included scales allow you to effortlessly play in any style from rock to classical, whether you are a musical novice or a seasoned professional.
Even if you’ve only played air guitar, ThumbJam lets you sound like a pro. Pick an instrument and jam – with all the scales to choose from you’ll never hit a wrong note. The high quality instrument samples will make you sound like you just skipped years of music lessons.
For the performing musician, this app is awesome for soloing on an instrument you didn’t bring along. Play in any key, any style – go from a string ensemble to a wailing guitar. ThumbJam was developed and tested by musicians to feel and sound like a real instrument.
ThumbJam makes use of tilt and shake to add vibrato, tremolo, note bends, and volume swells for more realistic and expressive results. It supports up to five simultaneous touches and up to 16 voice polyphony. Delay and lush stereo reverb add depth to the sound. Put on your headphones or plug in to your home stereo and prepare to be blown away.
For more information about ThumbJam click here.
You Might Also Like...