Synthecaster fuses elements from guitars and keyboards into a full range polyphonic instrument that is intuitive, accommodates a wide variety of playing styles, and generates an even wider variety of sounds. The instrument fits on a mobile screen, yet allows for technical playing styles such as shredding and complex chord formation.
- Keys are arranged in string-like rows (tuned in perfect fourths by default)
- Sliding across keys in a row results in legato sliding or portamento gliding from note to note
- Sliding a key up or down will bend its pitch in the same direction
- Several notes can be played on the same row simultaneously
- Simultaneously play up to 7 notes on iPad or 5 notes on iPhone
- The entire keyboard spans over 6 octaves (not including the range added by oscillator tuning)
- Tune each row individually
- Highlight any scale
Synthecaster's audio is generated by a powerful and highly configurable polyphonic synth engine:
- Dual oscillators with individual tuning
- Filter with envelope sweeping
- Amplifier ADSR envelope
- Soft clip, hard clip, bitcrush, and downsampling distortion
- LFO assignable to amplitude, filter cutoff, or oscillator tuning
- Stereo flanger, chorus, and delay effects
- Over 30 preloaded synth presets
- Create custom presets and share them using AirDrop, Messages, or Mail
- High quality 44.1 kHz stereo audio output
- Audiobus compatibility
Synthecaster is Core MIDI compatible as a MIDI controller. MIDI messages are output in OMNI mode, where each MIDI channel represents a synth voice (channels 1-7 on the iPad, 1-5 on the iPhone). To best replicate Synthecaster’s polyphonic expressiveness, try setting a separate instrument voice for each channel.
The following MIDI messages are supported:
- Note on/off events, by touching and releasing keys
- Pitch wheel change, by sliding a key up or down
- Polyphonic legato ties (CC99) compatible with Animoog, by sliding across keys
- Legato pedal on/off for legato ties, by sliding across keys
For best results, play through speakers or headphones.
Note: Requires iPad running iOS 7 / iPhone 4S or newer device running iOS 7.
Not recommended for iPhone 4 due to performance issues.
Latest Release Notes - v1.2
- MIDI: Synthecaster is now Core MIDI compatible as a MIDI controller. The app outputs messages for note on/off events, pitch wheel changes, legato pedal events, and polyphonic note ties compatible with Animoog.
- Scale highlighting: highlight keys for any scale. Choose from a long list of scales or create your own custom scale.
- Fixed LFO Target display bug that occurred on iPhones with 4 inch screens.
- Adjusted output volume to reduce clipping.
Screenshots & Videos
Synthecaster fuses elements from guitars and keyboards into a full range polyphonic instrument that is intuitive, accommodates a wide variety of playing styles, and generates an even wider variety of sounds.
You Might Also Like...