Swoopster is a highly playable Flanger, Fuzz, and Vibrato effect designed for Audiobus and Inter-app audio.
Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus. Use Swoopster as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
Swoopster features two distinct modes:
PERFORM and TWEAK.
● PERFORM mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control flanger speed, manual, feedback and fuzz amount independently for left and right channels.
● TWEAK mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.
The center panel of Swoopster's interface is part of the instrument and meant to be played in real-time, including the scrollable preset list. Tap a preset to instantly load it's settings, play different presets in rhythmic patterns, or re-trigger the current preset to restart the sweep of the Flanger. The MUTE and BYPASS buttons function as momentary switches for DJ mixer style control.
Echo Pad users loved the creative stereo imaging possible with its effects, and this approach continues with Swoopster. Both Perform and Tweak modes allow you to control the left and right channel's effect parameters independently for wide stereo sound design. You can easily toggle between linked and unlinked channel parameters by tapping the LINK button.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-app Audio support, Swoopster can also process external instruments such as guitar, voice and synths by connecting a microphone or professional audio interface such as the Apogee Jam, ONE, or any iOS compatible USB audio interface.
For more info visit www.swoopsterapp.com or watch demos and tutorials at www.youtube.com/holdernessmedia.
● requires iOS 7.0 or later
● iPad Mini/iPad 2 or newer
● Audiobus compatible (Effect,Input and Output)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
● stereo Fuzz, Flange and Vibrato effect processor
● versatile flanger capable of sounds ranging from smooth phasey flange to wildly distorted, pitch shifted madness
● flanger with positive and negative feedback
● independent left and right channel effects engines can be controlled separately or linked
● Audiobus compatible (supports all 3 slots)
● Inter-App Audio compatible (effect node)
● true stereo input and effects processing
● several output style options including normal stereo, wide stereo, and sum to mono
Swoopster works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
● Apogee Jam
● Apogee Mic
● Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
● Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
● Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
● iRig HD
● iRig iMic
● Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
● Alesis io2
● Alesis IO Dock
● Behringer UCA202
● many more
Latest Release Notes - v1.0.1
- improved, more responsive sliders in Tweak mode
- minor bugfixes