rsTouch for Reason (iPad)
retouch is an iPad control surface providing mobility and multi-touch control for the Propellerhead Reason mixer and transport functions. Screen graphics mimic what you see on Reason’s screen – operate Reasonâ€™s transport controls and Main Mixer from the iPad!
With rsTouch and a MIDI connection (USB MIDI or network MIDI over Wi-Fi), you can record playback, and mix Reason songs from anywhere in your studio. Mute or solo any channel to evaluate your mix during playback; adjust mix level, effects sends, even EQ and dynamics. Use the transport controls or “jog strip” to navigate your song; set loop range. The timecode and bar-beat display show the current playback position. Switch between groups of eight mixer channels; channel names and numbers are displayed for easy identification.
Tired of trying to manipulate tiny controls on the Reason Mixer screen with a mouse? rsTouch offers large, usable, color coded multi-touch faders and rotary controls for channel level, pan, send effects, inserts, compressor and gate dynamics, and EQ. Channel meters, master volume meter, and the “Big Meter” provide visual feedback to monitor audio levels.
rsTouch uses Propellerhead’s standard “Remote” control surface system. OSX and Windows installers for the required Reason rsTouch support files are available as a free download from delora.com.
- iPad running iOS 5.1 or greater
- Propellerhead Reason 6.5.0 (or higher), Record 1.5, or Reason Essentials 1.5 (or higher) installed on your Mac or Windows PC
- MIDI input and output dedicated to iPad connection (either wired with MIDI interface or wireless from “network MIDI” interface)
- Reason Control Surface Support Files (Codec and Map) downloaded and installed on your Mac or PC.
- If using network MIDI, Wi-Fi access to same computer where Reason is installed (free download at above address)
- iPad Bluetooth must be set to OFF during an rsTouch session to ensure reliable communications with Reason
- Always available Transport controls, including “jog strip”
- “Big Meter” display
- Timecode & bar-beat “LCD”
- Tempo setting & display
- Undo, Redo
- Control Reason’s “Main Mixer” and “Master Section” functions using multitouch rotaries, faders, and buttons that mimic Reason (including color coding)
- Main Mixer view:
- Channel names and numbers
- 8 mixer channels at a time
- Bank buttons (by 1 or 8)
- Bank change swipe gesture
- Four programmable bank buttons
- Long-throw channel faders; levels shown in dB
- Mute and solo; clear all mutes or solos
- Channel VU level meters
- Channel pan; value displayed with “LED” ring and numeric value
- Channel effects sends & enables (8 per channel)
- Channel insert: Bypass, 4 rotaries, 4 buttons
- Channel EQ; controls on 3 switchable/scrollable views
- Channel compressor and gate; controls on 2 switchable/scrollable views
- Master view:
- 8 Master sends and returns
- Master insert: bypass, 4 rotaries & buttons
- Master bus compressor
- Long-throw master level fader; level shown in dB
- Master level VU and Peak meter
- Control Room settings popup
iPad control surface for Reason - now with Reason Rack device editing! (PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE PURCHASING)
rsTouch provides hands-on control for the Propellerhead Reason MIXER & TRANSPORT functions. Control 40+ built-in Reason devices from dedicated iPad screens!
Tired of trying to manipulate tiny controls with a mouse? Need more computer screen space? With rsTouch and a MIDI connection (USB MIDI or Wi-Fi network MIDI), you can record, playback, and mix Reason songs from anywhere in your studio. Control Reason's main mixer in banks of 8 channels. Create new sounds, or tweak existing ones from rack device screens. Use transport controls or the "jog strip" to navigate; set loop range and location markers. View current playback position on timecode and bar-beat displays.
rsTouch's mixer and device displays offer large, color coded multi-touch faders and rotary controls. Dedicated "control panels" for 40+ Reason built-in synthesizers, mixers, effects & utility devices puts Reason device control at your fingertips. Control Reason's main mixer's channel level, pan, send effects, inserts, compressor and gate dynamics, and EQ. Channel fader meters, master volume meter, and the "Big Meter" provide visual feedback to monitor audio levels. All of which helps bring your virtual Reason studio to life!
rsTouch also includes a music keyboard and drum pads to play Reason synths and drum machines, or record into a sequencer track.
OSX and Windows installers for the required Reason control surface support files are available as a free download from www.delora.com. YOU MUST INSTALL THESE FILES TO USE RSTOUCH.
IT IS CRITICAL THAT ALL SETUP STEPS BE DONE AS DIRECTED. See "Requirements & Setup" on the rsTouch product page at www.delora.com. The user manual has additional valuable info. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any problems or questions and we will be happy to assist you.
* iPad running iOS 5.1 or greater
* Propellerhead Reason 6.5.0 (or higher) or Reason Essentials 1.5 (or higher) running on your Mac or Windows PC
* rsTouch Reason support files installed on your Mac or PC. DOWNLOAD FREE INSTALLER AT www.delora.com
* Dedicated iPad MIDI input and output connection to computer (wired or network MIDI)
-- wired MIDI interfaces must reliably support MIDI SYSEX commands!
-- Network MIDI requires Wi-Fi access to computer running Reason
-- PC NETWORK MIDI USERS: You must have a CoreMIDI compatible network MIDI driver installed (see user manual).
-- Set iPad Bluetooth OFF if using network MIDI
* Control Reason's Main Mixer, Master Section & Rack devices using multitouch rotaries, faders, and buttons
* Always available Transport controls, including "jog strip" & 5 programmable location markers
* "Big Meter" display
* Timecode & bar-beat "LCD"
* Tempo setting & display
* Undo, Redo
* Device Rack mode: control 40+ built-in Reason instruments, effects and utilities from customized device screens
* Main Mixer mode:
-- Channel names and numbers
-- 8 mixer channels at a time
-- Bank buttons (by 1 or 8)
-- Bank change swipe gesture
-- Four programmable bank buttons + last/busses bank
-- Long-throw channel faders; levels shown in dB
-- Mute and solo; clear all mutes or solos
-- Channel VU and Peak meters
-- Channel pan; value displayed
-- Channel effects sends & enables (8 per channel)
-- Channel insert: Bypass, 4 rotaries, 4 buttons
-- Channel EQ; controls on 3 switchable/scrollable views
-- Channel compressor and gate; controls on 2 views
* Master mode:
-- 8 Master sends and returns
-- Master insert: bypass, 4 rotaries & buttons
-- Master bus compressor
-- Long-throw master level fader; level shown in dB
-- Master level VU and Peak meter
-- Control Room settings popup
* Perform mode: keyboard and drum pads for playing and recording Reason synths and drum machines from the iPad
Latest Release Notes - v2.0.0
* Reason Rack device editing - control built-in Reason devices (Mixers, Instruments, Effects and Utilities) from dedicated screens.
* Performance keyboard and drum pads to play synths and drum machines from the iPad
* 5 user settable location markers
* Special 'Busses' bank selection button
* Reason 7 UI support (enable version setting in iOS Settings app/rsTouch)
* iOS7 support
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...