Round-up of Most Recent iOS Music Production App Updates
Having been away for a couple of weeks on our summer break we thought the easiest way to bring you up to speed was to post a roundup of the most recent iOS Music Production App Updates.
You can check out all of the latest app releases in the Most Recent section of the iOS Audio App Database.
- Process All Notes Off messages and All Sound Off messages when receive one of them.
- Add Aftertouch on drum pads, piano keys, built-in keyboard controller and built-in pads controller.
- Import iTunes songs into the Recorder, so you can sing along and record yourself.
- Export recordings by e-mail
- Fixed a handful of exercises in workouts that did not start/end on the correct notes.
- Allow to receive Push Notifications for VocalizeU events (Don’t miss the Artist Intensive Summer Program in July! info: vocalizeu.com/events)
- Fixed crash when exporting a recording without having configured your e-mail.
- Japanese translation (more translations coming soon!)
- Now supports iPhone and iPod in addition to iPad
- Landscape display mode added
- Retina display graphics
- User Interface enhancements
- Faster display of notation during page turns
- Various bug and memory leak fixes
- 3 new FXs (Reverb, Formant, and Dalek filter)
- Facebook & SoundCloud exports
- Retina Display
- Added virtual MIDI & background audio
The new version adds a set of MIDI event transform modules that can be inserted like an FX unit on any input or output port in MidiBridge. The new modules are:
- Event filter, for blocking/passing MIDI events based upon event type and channel. There is a separate event filter module as the first and last modules of each input or output.
- Note remapper. Map any incoming MIDI note to a different note, for example mapping a Yamaha XG drumset to Nanostudio TRG note mappings. Also can transpose all notes up/down semitones.
- Note Splitter. Split the keyboard range across two separate (user settable) MIDI channels.
- H-Pi Microtuner. This module supports H-Pi microtonal keyboards, See http://www.h-pi.com for details on these.
- Velocity curve. Remap incoming note velocities based upon a drawable X/Y plot.
- Velocity split. Split notes over two separate channels depending upon the level of note velocity.
- Holy Mapper. Map controller+channel combinations interdependently.
In addition, the configuration of any module can be saved as a user named preset which can be recalled at will on any MIDI port (CoreMIDI physical, CoreMIDI network, CoreMIDI virtual, SynthStation 25 and Midi Mobilizer I).
- New Feature! Jam along with your iTunes library!*
- Improvements to tuner, emailing of tones, and tone import
- Numerous bug fixes, optimizations, and UI refinements
- Improved Japanese localization
- Includes Mobile In firmware update v1.0.4 adding support for iPhone 4S and iPad (3rd generation)
* Supports locally stored songs not protected by FairPlay
Completely new built-in synthesizer
- Wave Shapes: Rectangular, Triangular, Saw and Sinus
- Variable Attack and Release Time
- 24dB Low Pass Moog Filter
- Variable Resonance
- Selectable Gain
- Lower CPU Consumption
It is now possible to shift the single notes by a half tone up and down (# and b)
New and improved User Experience
- CoreMIDI support (both wireless and wired)
- Livid Code integration
- Track and clip selection
- Improved connection UI
- Various stability fixes
- The FM-3 synthesiser included – AÂ 3 operator FM (frequency modulation) synthesizer capable of making gritty mean noise to sparkling digital chaos. Designed to make FM synthesis simple and accessible, the FM-3 allows you to get results fast. This synth is a lot of fun when you explore its sonic possibilities.
Users like yourself continue to shape the direction of MIDI Designer development.
- There are some smaller changes and fixes to the MIDI system. The biggest of these is that sysex receive through hardware (i.e., not through Wifi) has been fixed. I also made changes to allow MIDI Designer to work correctly with two-way hardware (e.g., the Behringer BCR2000) using my “pedalboards” feature. I also added “pickup” takeover mode for one-way external hardware. MIDI Designer is ready as always for very low-latency action, and it’s like-hardware stable.
- But it’s the “designer” stuff that will blow you away. I surgically removed MIDI Designer’s face–which was made of bitmaps–and recreated it with simple line drawings. This means that you get beautiful, sharp and correct looking sliders and cross-faders at any aspect ratio. But all the controls sport a new, brilliant look. And now, with 256 LED colors and 104 colors to choose from (Pro only) and variably sized (and supersized!) control labels, MIDI Designer lets you design a surface that looks better and is more fun to play than ever.
- Name changed from Drum Canvas to Drums XD
- Reverb, Echo, Flanger effects and more
- Record your sessions
- Share your recordings via Email, AudioCopy or SoundCloud
- Paste your recordings into GarageBand
- MIDI In/Out Support
- Improved Touch and overall dynamics
- Many new instruments including Timbales, Congas, Bongos, Gongs, & China
- Amazing Steel Drum and Vibraphone
- Sonoma AudioCopy & AudioPaste Support
- Import your own sounds via WIFI
- Two Finger Choke
- Miniplayer and quick mixer added to Locked Set
- Amazing, Automatic Paradiddle Rolls
- Play along with pre-recorded Loops
- Increased resolution for the New iPad
- New backgrounds
- Improved Music Player
- You can record your own samples.
- In every instrument, the last button allows you to record your own audio and use it.
- You can save your loops and the audio will be saved too. If you clear a rack, the audio will be deleted to save space.
- BPM increase or decrease 5 every time
- Fixed – synth preset problem where strange sounds were sometimes heard
- Fixed – we had inadvertently swapped-round the rhythm and next note rule display (reported in Japanese customer review of MT â€“ thank you for alerting us to that!)
- Fixed – issue importing URLs with embedded 0x0A in the URL text (put there by Thunderbird!)
- Fixed – problems playing from URL via webpage
- Fixed â€“ several silent start problems
- Improved – behaviour of store button and review button
- Improved – New “Empty” synth preset to clear-out the FX unit to use the default wavetable.
- Several other bug fixes
- Record audio to file in real-time!
- Audio Copy of recordings, and open in other app
- Swipe to undo/redo typing
- Two-finger swipe to generate random code!
- Added ‘g’ variable for touch on/off
- Added more example codes
- Allow embedding of code in bitwiz:// url’s
- Various user interface improvements and tweaks
- Fix audio speaker routing on iPhone
Compiled and tested for IOS 5.1
Added a new demo song (Struhkcher)
MIDI and Audio support
- Now plays back in the background and mixes with other audio apps
- Add support for program change, bank select per instrument
- Properly support MIDI input for MIDI clock
New instrument capabilities
- Added panning per instrument
- Re-calibrated the audio engine volumes
- Added new samples (drums, bass, pads and ProKeys 88)
- Fixed existing sample to remove some clicks
Improved User Interface
- Panning the timeline now scrubs the timeline
- Removed unnecessary buttons (rew, ff, add, event info, song info)
- Clip browser in the clip editor
- Open Song info by touching the song name
- UI revamp for the Mixer view and instrument editor
- New help interface
Many Bug Fixes