Retronyms Release Tabletop v2.0 – Adds Timeline Editor, MIDI Support, Session Sharing & “Tabletop-Ready” Apps!
Retronyms have released version 2.0 of Tabletop. This free update adds several new features including a Timeline Editor, MIDI support, and Session Sharing.Â Retronyms also announced that iMPC will work inside Tabletop as the first “Tabletop-Ready” App.
The brand new Timeline Editor is designed from the ground up to provide a fast and powerful way to create and edit notes using intuitive multi-touch gestures:
- Cut, copy, paste, duplicate, and create notes.
- Correct note timing with Fix to Grid.
- Edit note length and velocity.
- Undo any changes and edits with Tabletopâ€™s History Menu.
MIDI Controller Support:
Users can control Tabletop devices with their favorite hardware MIDI controllers. Connect with USB via Appleâ€™s Camera Connection Kit and use Tabletopâ€™s â€œMIDI Learnâ€ mode to painlessly map controls and set up MIDI devices:
- Features Core MIDI Support.
- Works with any MIDI-compatible hardware.
- Control Tabletopâ€™s keyboards, drum pads, knobs, faders, and other parameters.
- Customize control mapping with Midi Learn mode.
- Connect multiple devices.
Tabletop users have shared thousands of songs on CloudSeeder, the in-app community built on SoundCloud, and with session sharing users can now share complete song projects. After a user uploads a track, another can download, remix, and post it back to the community. All building blocks are included in the shared session – from synth presets to custom samples to sequencing data.
An important milestone in the evolution of music apps on iOS, Tabletop Ready Apps are stand-alone apps that work inside Tabletop. When users purchase a Tabletop Ready App, a free version is automatically unlocked inside Tabletop. Users can place apps from top music brands in their Tabletop sessions, seamlessly integrating with the dozens of devices already available.
Two Tabletop-Ready Apps are soon to be released including the iMPC from Akai Professional.
For more information about TableTop click here.
Update - Version 2.3
This free update includes many bug fixes and stability improvements.
There is one known issue with sessions that have 2 iMini's being opened for the first time after the update. Please see blog.retronyms.com for info and workaround
Update - Version 2.2
This free update adds support for the new inter-app audio protocol in iOS 7. This allows you to route audio and control data between apps on your device. Use the free Mastermind to control compatible apps. Purchase Zignal to record audio from compatible apps straight into your Tabletop session.
We’ve also updated to AudioCopy 2.0. AudioCopy makes it easy to paste sound from compatible apps. The new AudioCopy ensures compatibility with iOS 7, and includes updated UI and other improvements (more info at retronyms.com/audiocopy/).
An Expandable Studio with 14 included musical devices.
Tabletop is a modular environment where you can mix and match different devices. Select from over 40 devices including samplers, mixers, effects, sequencers and more. Buy only the gear you need from an expanding catalog.
Virtual, Modular Gear.
Plug the output of a keyboard into a delay to add an echo, or wire it up to a mixer and adjust the pan. Chain up multiple effects to create new and evolving sounds. Tabletop is an audio playground where you can create beats, compose songs, mix live, make mashups with samples from your iPod library, and more... the possibilities are wide open.
• 43 devices including effects, sequencers, drum machines, and synths.
• 14 devices are included for free.
• Access powerful Tabletop-Ready Apps including iMPC and iMini.
• Piano Roll style timeline editor.
• Cut, copy, paste, duplicate, and create notes.
• Correct note timing with Fix to Grid.
• Edit note length and velocity.
• Undo changes and edits with Tabletop’s History Menu.
• Features Core MIDI Support.
• Works with any MIDI-compatible hardware.
• Control Tabletop’s keyboards, drum pads, knobs, faders, and other parameters.
• Customize control mapping with Midi Learn mode.
• Connect multiple devices.
• Share your music on CloudSeeder with a thriving community (powered by SoundCloud).
• Download and remix sessions from other CloudSeeder users.
• Much more under the hood.
Latest Release Notes - v2.3
Bug fixes and stability
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...