Primitive Digital Software Release Beat-Machine – A New iOS Universal Drum Computer
Primitive Digital Software have released Beat-Machine – their powerful retro themed drum computer for iOS which combines a simple X0X style sequencer with a robust and flexible sampler.
Beat-Machines sound sampler includes the ability to reverse and trim samples. It also includes interpolation, an ADSR envelope and a filter. It also includes a 16 Levels mode for pitching samples to create melodies and a mixer with volume, pan and 2 FX sends per pad (currently available effects are delay and reverb). There is also a mute grid for programming samples to mute other samples.
The app allows import of any 16/24 bit WAV via iTunes file sharing, allowing you to create custom kits. You can also save custom patterns created with it’s 16 step multitouch pattern sequencer with adjustable pitch and velocity per step. There is support for up to 99 measures per pattern. Also includes is a beat quantise adjustment slider. Several example drum kits and patterns are included to get you started.
Beat-Machine includes support for Background Audio, as well as MIDI I/O (through CoreMIDI compatible accessories and over WiFi.
For a full list of features click here.
Beat-Machine is a powerful retro themed drum computer for iOS. It combines a simple X0X style sequencer with a robust and flexible sampler to give you maximum control over your beats.
Latency can be reduced on the settings page
- Sound sampler with reverse, sample trim, interpolation, ADSR and filter
- 16 Levels mode for pitching samples to create melodies
- Full mixer with volume, pan and 2 FX sends per pad (Delay, Reverb)
- Mute grid for programming samples to mute other samples
- Import any 16/24 bit WAV via iTunes file sharing
- AudioCopy / Paste
- Create custom kits and save them
- 16 step multi touch pattern sequencer
- Adjustable pitch and velocity per step
- Create and save custom patterns
- Export patterns to .wav
- Create patterns in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/8 or 7/8 time signature
- Impress your friends by making the fattest beats
- Up to 99 measures per pattern
- Beat quantize adjustment slider
- Adjustable latency and sample rate
- Background audio
- MIDI IN, MIDI OUT supported through CoreMIDI accessories and WiFi
- Virtual Midi
- Midi Clock Sync
- Assignable Midi Channels
- Assignable Note Numbers
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
Example drum kits and patterns are included to get you started!
iPhone 4s+, iPod touch 5, iPad 2+ required for best performance, especially with other audio apps.
Stay tuned for:
- Song mode
- Sample record
- UI Enhancements
- Head on over to our Facebook page to suggest any features you would like to see in the next version
- If you are experiencing any issues with Beat-Machine, you can also ask questions and receive support on our Facebook page
Latest Release Notes - v1.2.7
-delay time bugfix
-new pattern bugix
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...