OrigaMIDI is the world’s only multi-dimensional MIDI controller and Augmented Reality visualizer that lets you control your electronic performance with printed pattern designs.
Here's how it works:
• Print our pattern designs on a regular printer.
• Follow simple instructions to fold them (optional).
• Control any MIDI capable device through your Mac or PC with paper and enhance the audience’s visual experience with our AR visualizer that feels like magick.
If you’re looking to make your performance unique, OrigaMIDI will make it stand out like nothing else out there.
If you yearn to break away from your laptop’s screen and express your passion akin to a guitarist, OrigaMIDI lets you do it with movement, a dance of sorts. The markers can be scaled to any proportion and printed on anything, so you can control your set by conducting a movement.
Humans have always danced to music, but OrigaMIDI controls the music by dance. It creates a feedback trialogue of music, visuals, and dance.
• Each marker is a fader on an adjustable range of the Z and X axes.
• Each marker is a trigger, which sends a CC command upon detection. This means you can trigger your next scene by flipping the prism on another one of it’s three faces.
This totals to three types of MIDI manipulations per target, nine per prism, and thirty-six (36) per your four prism set.
• OrigaMIDI easily controls multiple devices simultaneously, so you can have perfect sync your VJ on stage.
• The markers take up no space in your gig bag — all of them fit in a standard envelope, and will actually become better as the edges become more creased.
• OrigaMIDI is guaranteed to confuse both sides of the “authenticity of the laptop DJing debate” when you’ll play your entire set by a dance choreography with your costume made out of markers.
Requirements: a WiFi enabled Mac or Windows PC, an iOS device, and a one-time access to a working printer.
Latest Release Notes - v1.1
• iOS 7 Compatibility
• Introducing OrigaMIDI Connect: MIDI presets, preset sharing, and built-in Userecho
• Aesthetic and performance improved
• Minor bug fixes
Screenshots & Videos
OrigaMIDI is a new type of a MIDI controller built on recognition of image targets through computer vision of a mobile device. The image targets are printed on regular paper, folded into a triangular prism, and…
You Might Also Like...