Native Instruments Announce TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 – A Professional Mixer & Audio Interface for Traktor DJ (iOS) and Traktor Pro 2 (Mac, PC)
Native Instruments have announced TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 – said to be the world’s smallest professional mixer and audio interface to natively connect to both the TRAKTOR DJ App for iPad and iPhone, and TRAKTOR PRO 2.
“When combined with the critically-acclaimed TRAKTOR DJ App, the Z1 adds headphone cue, and dedicated faders, filter and effects controls, and 3-band EQ for each channel. The integrated audio interface boosts audio output to club-ready levels – an important feature for iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch setups – all without interfering with TRAKTOR DJ’s acclaimed touch interface. TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 also offers established TRAKTOR PRO 2 DJs a highly portable mixing interface when compact size and professional performance features are needed.
Following TRAKTOR DJ’s overwhelming popular success and warm critical reception, TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 now provides TRAKTOR DJ users with an all-in-one 2-channel mixer, controller, and 24-bit soundcard. Its dedicated faders, filter and effects controls, and 3-band EQ for each channel automatically map to the software, instantly giving DJs added tactile control over their iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch setups. The Z1′s cue section delivers headphone pre-listening of the next track for fluid, professional mixing, while the built-in 24-bit soundcard provides club-ready sound without the need for additional hardware. This combined with the Z1′s compact footprint gives users the most portable TRAKTOR DJ setup available today. With iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch turned on, TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 even keeps the device charged, assuring DJs hours of performance fun.
TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 is also the smallest professional mixer for TRAKTOR PRO 2 users to date – perfect for intimate after-party gigs or any situation that requires both compact size and professional performance features. Thanks to plug-and-play connectivity with TRAKTOR and the included TRAKTOR LE software, DJs can immediately start mixing on their Mac or PC system. When combined with TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 and F1 controllers, TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 becomes part of a powerful, professional DJ setup including full control of TRAKTOR’s Remix Decks and transport functionality.”
TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 connects to iPad, iPad mini, iPhone or iPod touch with an included 30-pin connector. Using the Z1 with iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPhone 5 or iPod touch 5th generation requires an Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter, which must be purchased separately from Apple.
TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 will be available at retailers worldwide and at the NI Online Shop for USD $199 / EUR â‚¬199. A USD $50 / EUR â‚¬50 e-voucher will also be sent to users upon registration of the included TRAKTOR LE software. For more information visit native-instruments.com.
Check out the video of it in action below…
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPad. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
"Incredibly well designed and packed with great features." (WIRED)
"Traktor DJ for iPad is better than turntables." (Gizmodo)
"It's wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun." (The Guardian)
"Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses." (The Verge)
"They worked on every little detail to get the app just right." (Loop Insight)
Note: We’re working closely with Apple to fix the remaining iOS 7 compatibility issues with TRAKTOR AUDIO 2, TRAKTOR KONTROL S4, and TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and expect a solution very soon. These products are still fully compatible with TRAKTOR DJ on iOS 6.
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iPad swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Innovative Notification Center gives you in-app access to essential tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Use TRAKTOR DJ CABLE for pre-listening to the incoming track before the crowd hears it
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- New Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPad and share with your friends
///HARDWARE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements are iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or higher, and iOS 6.0 or higher. iPad 4 recommended.
///VIDEOS AND MORE
Watch the TRAKTOR DJ intro video:
Listen to selected TRAKTOR DJ effects:
Check out the TRAKTOR DJ Knowledge Base for support information:
///ELEVATE YOUR MIX
Want to get physical with TRAKTOR DJ? Check out the 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1:
Want total physical control for TRAKTOR DJ? Try TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 or S4 DJ controllers. These pro-grade, all-in-one DJ systems combine with TRAKTOR DJ to unlock additional features like Beatjumps, chained effects, and Classic DJ mode with jog-wheel tempo bending (sync and keylock off).
And for ultimate simplicity and portability, check out the TRAKTOR DJ CABLE:
Learn more about the wide world of TRAKTOR:
Latest Release Notes - v1.3.3
TRAKTOR DJ 1.3.3 offers a lot of small fixes that improve overall quality, stability, and usability:
- Better overall touch action e.g. navigating the waveform in Mix View on iPhone
- You can now block accidental loading of a track into a playing deck – activate this
in the preferences
- New tempo selector control
- Track Volume Fader is now like the EQ faders, with the same tap-to-reset feature
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...