n-Track Studio (Universal)
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed "on the fly" during playback.
Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or .m4a format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch devices require an external mic.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rhythm guitar) with the built-in mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rhythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ add effects
• Email the recording directly from your device
• The max number of tracks depends on the device capabilities, with the iPad or iPhone 4 you can typically use 10 tracks or more
• EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Import existing tracks from your iTunes library
• Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel (8 effects pack available as separate In-App purchase)
• MIDI tracks with builtin synth featuring 128 General MIDI instrument sounds, MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window, support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI (available as in-app purchase)
• n-Track is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Exchange and share your projects on all your desktop and mobile devices
• Supports Audiobus: you can send audio from other apps to n-Track, play your favorite instrument app and record the output inside n-Track alongside the device mic/line input. Each Audiobus app can be recorded to a separate track
• Supports interapp audio: receive audio from instrument apps (interapp audio requires iOS 7)
• Support for multichannel external audio devices on the iPad: record 4 or more tracks simultaneously from pro-audio devices such as the RME Babyface, Fireface, Focusrite Scarlett etc.
• Set recording resolution to 16, 24 or 32 bits
• Set sampling frequency up to 192 khz (frequencies above 48000 hz require an external audio device)
• Allows monitoring and processing live audio input with near-zero latency
• Automate track volumes and pan using volume and pan envelopes
• Use group channels to group and process tracks together
• Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices (available as in-app purchase)
• 3D frequency spectrum (available as in-app purchase)
• AudioCopy & Paste allows transferring audio files between compatible apps
Latest Release Notes - v3.1.0
• Support for inter-app audio instruments. Add an instrument app with the + button on the toolbar.
• Mixdown can now be saved in 16, 24, 32 or 64 bit audio format
• Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardioid, omnidirectional)
• AudioCopy & Paste updated to SDK version 2.0
• Fixed glitches on some instruments when playing with sustain on
• Fixed crash when calling 'Open track in…' command, which now appears long tapping on an audio track
• Fixed removing an instrument may alter output setting of other MIDI tracks
• Fixed glitches changing song loop interval during playback
-- New in version 3.0
• Built-in metronome with programmable tempo changes
• EQ now appears as a popup window
• 2D frequency spectrum sonogram
• iOS 7 compatibility
New features available via in-app purchase:
• MIDI tracks with builtin multi instrument synth
• MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window
• On screen MIDI keyboard
• Support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI
• 3D frequency spectrum
• Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices
We welcome comments or suggestions, you can contact us at:
Or you can post to the n-Track forum:
-- the n-Track Software team
Screenshots & Videos
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio.
You Might Also Like...