MultitrackStudio for iPad is an audio/MIDI multitrack recording app. It comes with many high quality audio effects including a guitar amp simulator.
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include pianoroll, drum and score editors.
The straightforward user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. It's easy to use yet powerful.
• Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
• Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
• One effect return section.
• One master section.
• Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
• Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Pseudo Stereo, Reverb, Saturator, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
• MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible), SoundFont Player and one CoreMIDI output device.
• Supports Inter-App Audio effects and instruments (iOS 7).
• MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, drum and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device.
• Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
• Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
• Exports .wav and .mid files.
• Import/export audio/MIDI via AudioShare, General Pasteboard or iTunes File Sharing.
• Imports/exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song, compatible with MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
Note: MultitrackStudio for iPad does NOT support Bluetooth audio devices or AudioBus.
Latest Release Notes - v1.2.1
• MultitrackStudio Instruments: synths have Cutoff knob, some instruments have button to disable built-in guitar amp simulators etc., so you can add you own instead.
• Transport counter: swipe left to fully rewind, swipe right to return to most recent start position.
• Editors: Position thumbs now snap to grid if Snap is enabled.
• Editors: Swipe down over begin or end of selected part to zoom in. Old zoom level is restored on lifting finger.
• Editors: Improved zooming behaviour.
• Editors: Visual feedback on touching edge or center selected part.