Multi Track Song Recorder (iPhone)
Multi-Track Song Recorder is a free audio recording app for the iPhone & iPod Touch. MTSR allows you to record up to 4 tracks for infinite recording time. Made to be easy to use for beginners, but has the depth for creative and more advanced music recording.
- Playing back all tracks in CD quality; 16 bit, 44.1kHz
- Pause, seek, and scrub through recorded Audio easily to help write/record your music
- Includes 2 different audio viewing options; Volume meter and Waveform. Each shows detailed audio information including peaks and clipping.
- Includes Metronome with 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures
- Allows volume control on each track for simple mixing
- Allows you to save/load your Audio Sessions
- Allows you to import music from your device’s iPod Library into any track you wish
Multi Track Song Recorder is perfect for musicians looking to write and record simple songs at home or on the fly! Also useful for lecture notes, voice memos, and song ideas!
Tips and hints:
- When recording one track, all other tracks will play as well. Wearing headphones will avoid recording the other tracks into the armed track and causing an echo effect.
- The play button at the bottom serves to play all tracks.
- The pause button at the bottom is a universal pause that pauses any track that is playing, be it track 1 only or all tracks. When paused you can resume play of a different track or all tracks at the time position that was paused.
- The slider at the bottom is used to seek or scrub audio. Scrubbing is when you seek through audio while its playing in real time. To scrub simply drag the slider at any time while audio is playing. You can seek similarly by dragging the slider when audio is paused or stopped, this places the time position you would like the audio to start.
- Adjust volume by dragging the slider of the corresponding track.
- Loop tracks by pressing the loop option for the corresponding track.
- Delete tracks by pressing the trash-can button by the corresponding track or through the options menu.
- You can delete saved sessions by pressing the options button and entering the ‘Load Session’ screen, then swipe the session you wish to delete for the option to appear.
Warning: If your device does not have a microphone you must use headphones with an integrated microphone in order to record.
You Might Also Like...