Micrologue Virtual Analog Synthesizer Coming to Cubasis for iPad! (Confirmed!)
We didn’t report on the last v1.4.1 of Steinbergs Cubasis as it was just a hot fix to fix a couple of problems. Nothing too interesting. What might be of interest though is that Steinberg seem to have accidentally updated the App Store description with the change log from the upcoming version 1.5.0, providing us with a sneak peak of what’s on its way!
The exciting thing here is the release of a new Micrologue virtual analog synthesiser, which the name suggests could well be a mobile version of their Retrologue synth (see screenshot below).
They have also mentioned a new “instrument rack” for loading and editing Cubasis’ instruments, the addition of 16 Allen Morgan Signature drum kits, and the ability to freeze tracks for internal instruments.
Here’s a screen grab from the App Store description…
We’ll let you know once we have more information!
EDIT: Steinberg have now confirmed that the new features are indeed coming to Cubasis v1.5 which has already been submitted to Apple and should be with us soon!
Steinberg’s Retrologue VST Synthesizer
Portable Music Production System
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in DVD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depends on the device used)
• Record up to 24 tracks simultaneously!
• Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• MixConsole with over 10 effect processors
• Over 300 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Export projects to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Sequence other CoreMIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio
• Audio import from iTunes music library, AudioPaste, Wi-Fi server and iTunes file sharing
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• Audiobus support
"Cubasis now boasts one of the best implementations of Audiobus known to me."
Sebastian Dittmann, Audiobus developer
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
64 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7/6.5, Cubase Artist 7/6.5, Cubase LE AI Elements 6 or higher
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
Latest Release Notes - v1.7
FULL INTER-APP AUDIO SUPPORT
- Use Inter-App Audio apps as insert/send effects.
- In the instrument rack you can choose Inter-App Audio apps as instruments for your MIDI tracks.
- On audio tracks, select any Inter-App Audio app from the routing tab in the inspector to record them.
- Audio inputs popup added to the inspector to easily assign tracks to mono, stereo, Audiobus or Inter-App Audio.
- New in-app help system including interactive search function.
- AudioCopy 2.0 SDK has been implemented.
For the complete list of improvements and resolved user reported problems please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...