Ever wanted a recording studio in the palm of your hand? Looptical is a complete music production solution for iPhone and iPod touch.
Record your musical ideas on the go and mix them into a finished track, or use them as the basis for a new project back at your studio. Create looped sections of music and combine them to form larger musical sections until you have a finished song. Going from an initial riff idea to full track is easy with Looptical. Then mix the track with comprehensive effects and fully automated mixer controls, or export the MIDI and component audio tracks to your DAW when back at the studio to take your song one step further.
- Play keys with a single or dual 128 key keyboard layout, complete with pitch/mod wheel.
- Use the Scale Keyboard to play scales effortlessly by sliding a finger up and down the screen.
- Strum your way through your own palette of chords with the Chord Guitar.
- Use the Latched Arpeggiator to turn simple chords into sequences of notes.
- Use Quantize to tidy up your performance, and Undo any mistakes.
GO FROM RIFF TO FULL SONG
- Songwriting in Looptical involves creating Loops: building blocks for a song that could be a one bar bassline, an 8 bar chorus, or a 100 bar indulgent guitar solo.
- Use the Loop Bank to combine, merge, repeat, and insert these Loops to form larger riffs, and ultimately a complete song.
- Use the Event List to perform mass edits of notes, such as tweaking velocity, quantize or transpose.
MIX THE TRACK
- Add and mix up to 24 stereo tracks with Looptical's Mixer.
- Add up to 5 Insert effects (Overdrive, Bit Crusher, Compressor, EQ, Filter, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Trance Gate, Delay) to each track, and a single Reverb Send effect.
- All mixer and effect parameters are automated and changes are recorded directly into the song.
ADD VOCALS AND GUITARS
- Record vocals with the iPhone internal microphone or compatible audio interface and add your own effects with live monitoring.
- Control input with an intuitive preamp-style gain and noise gate.
INTERACT WITH OTHER APPS
- Record audio tracks directly from any Inter-App Audio (iOS7) Instrument app.
- Use Audiobus (requires purchase from third party) to send and receive live audio to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
MAKE YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS
- If the 95 keyboard and 50 drum presets (including 600 individual drum hits) are not enough, create your own from scratch.
- Import samples via iTunes Shared Folder, from another iPhone music app via the clipboard, or resample the current song.
- Effortlessly create an entire new instrument from a single sample, or add further samples for a multi-sampled instrument.
- Edit your sample to trim, chop, loop, amplify, fade or reverse sections.
- Export your instrument to use again, or even share with others via the Looptical forum.
USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD
- Plug in an iPhone-compatible MIDI keyboard and you can break out of the iPhone screen and compose using a full hardware piano keyboard.
- Play drum parts by assigning piano keys to each pad, or effortlessly noodle a solo by playing the Scale Piano from the major keys.
- Assign spare MIDI controllers such as Pan or Modulation to directly control automation parameters in Looptical insert effects.
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Visit looptical.com and listen to some of the amazing demo tracks created with Looptical.
- Watch video tutorials on using Looptical.
- Download the full instruction manual to read at your leisure.
- Discuss Looptical with other users in our forum and see what they've been doing with the app.
Latest Release Notes - v1.0.1
- "Filter And Volume" option added for the vertical axis in Scale Keyboard, allowing you to fade in a note with both volume and filter frequency with a single gesture for increased emphasis.
- Left-handed guitar mode added to the Chord Guitar, stringing the guitar EBGDAE instead of EADGBE and flipping the preset chord patterns accordingly.
- New for iOS7: use the Camera Connection Kit to attach a compatible USB MIDI Interface or Keyboard to your iPhone and use it to control Looptical.
- Start octave setting is now applied in the Guitar Chord Edit screen.
- Graphical glitch on 3.5 inch display devices where the mute / solo / FX buttons on channel 6 were always lit has been fixed.
- New demo track added: "DEMO - WubWub".
- Fixed an issue with importing user-created instruments from iTunes Shared Folder and email.
Note to users of older devices: The demo tracks were composed on an iPhone5 and sound best with an iPhone5 or newer. Looptical detects slower devices (iPhone4S or older, iPad2 or earlier) and unpacks a second version of the demos with a reduced number of effects. Devices with a much slower CPU than the iPhone5 may be overloaded by the number of effects used in the demos and experience audio glitching. This is perfectly normal, and you should compose your own tracks to suit the power of your device. For more information see the Looptical manual on System Resources and Song Complexity.