Update: Loopr Live Loop Composer v1.1 Released – Adds 64 Independent Tracks, 4-Phrase Composition, iTunes File Sharing & More!
The Live Loop Composer for the iPhone – Loopr – has been updated to version 1.1. It now includes 64 independent tracks, 4-phrase composition and iTunes file import/export. You can also now rename sessions. They’ve released a new video showcasing the new features. Check it out below!
To celebrate the release they have also lowered the price to $0.99 (Previous price was $3.99).
- 64 independent tracks
- 4 phrase composition
- iTunes file import/export
- Sessions renaming activated (finally!)
- Rehaul of core engine
- Bug fixes and general UI improvements
Loopr is the first 64 tracks loop song sequencer / multiple phrase looper with MIDI controls and sync for real time live composition.
"Loopr is a budget-priced bargain that is well worth a punt even if only to experiment with. This is a very capable – if slightly quirky – looper app at a pocket money price." musicappblog.com Nov 2013
Loopr is a low latency loop recorder, player and step sequencer designed for realtime phrase and song composition using your iDevice. Compose, practice, jam along, or sample audio soudscapes easily with this compact pro-oriented loopstation. It is focused on ergonomy and simplicity via one-finger but also hands-free MIDI pedalboard controls, and lets you synchronize drum machines and sequencers via its MIDI out sync.
Loop sessions can be exported/imported as independent files (including tempo and time signature information), for you to share the groove or use with most desktop audio production apps (e.g. Logic Studio, Garage Band, ...). Using iTunes file sharing or email, you can easily manage your work beyond your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Loopr is CoreMIDI and CoreAudio compatible and enables you to use most popular iOS compatible interfaces.
Check the videos on our http://loopr.net website to give yourself a better idea, e.g.:
a small 3 parts song composition using cmpsr - http://youtu.be/HQrOopBXSmk
audio doodling with loopr - http://youtu.be/_KWwDZ9MiFE
14 track example (3 phrases / 3 groups) - http://youtu.be/5U5E7mGmuPY
multi-phrase live looping example - http://youtu.be/jqADzccHuVo
quick load and export - http://youtu.be/Ubl3qbTgDH4
thumb controls - http://youtu.be/SmzPUSrNQM4
using a MIDI pedalboard - http://youtu.be/8nZdj9Ouz7E
save and export - http://youtu.be/htVF8LTl17s
MIDI sync out - http://youtu.be/m-GAEdZZU4w
more on the site!
A few key features of this v1.2:
- 64 independent audio tracks (16 on older devices)
- 4 phrases to create song parts
- step sequencer to build and play songs (4'' devices)
- low latency audio recording and playback
- one hand, thumb optimized screen controls
- efficient MIDI pedalboard ergonomy for handsfree control
- MIDI time code out tempo synchronization for external equipment
- transparent on-the-fly session save
- easy exportation/importation of separate audio files including comprehensible text-formatted metadata
- pro-oriented ergonomy for efficient live use
Latest Release Notes - v1.2
- realtime editable step sequencer (cmpsr - on 4'' devices)
- audio clone to new phrase function (+tgp)
- improved ergonomy
- minor tweaks, bug resolutions and enhancements
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...