Jam Synth (Universal)
Jam Synth is a fully featured monophonic guitar synthesizer for iOS. It tracks the pitch and amplitude of an incoming guitar signal and uses this information to control digital oscillators, adding a unique guitar infused edge to your synth leads. Unlike typical pitch to MIDI converters, Jam Synth forgoes MIDI altogether when producing sounds internally because it is impossible to shoehorn the expressive pitch and dynamics of a stringed instrument into the MIDI standard. Jam Synth can accurately track string bends and vibrato to produce much more organic synth sounds than other guitar to MIDI converters, including its own MIDI output.
- 3 Phase Distortion Oscillators (4 on iPad) with 8 different wave shapes: Saw, Square, Pulse, Double Sine, Saw-Pulse, Resonant 1, Resonant 2, and Resonant 3
- Filter can be set to track picking dynamics
- Input section with Gate, Compressor, ADSR, and Input Filter
- FX section
-- A fully featured LFO with 5 wave shapes and an invert switch for a wide range of pulsating effects
-- Stereo Delay with a stereo width control for ping pong effects and a filter for emulating analog delay
-- 3d Chorus, a classic "motionless" chorus that adds a stereo DIMENSION to the synth
- LFO and Stereo Delay can be synced to tap tempo or incoming MIDI clock sync
- Highly accurate pitch tracking and tuner, accurate to 0.1Hz
- MIDI OUT and guitar to MIDI conversion for controlling other midi synths with your guitar through Core Midi accessories and Virtual MIDI
- string bends and vibrato are converted to MIDI pitch wheel data
- picking dynamics are converted to MIDI volume expression data
- compatible with guitar and audio interfaces made for iPhone and iPad
- detailed user manual
- Fat Bass
- Super chip leads
Jam Synth is designed to be easy to use even for users who don't have a lot of experience programming or playing synthesizers. When in doubt, just press buttons and turn knobs while plucking a string until you find a sound you like!
iPhone 4s+, iPod Touch 5, iPad 2+ required for best performance.
- Head on over to our Facebook page to suggest any features you would like to see in the next version
Latest Release Notes - v1.0
Screenshots & Videos
Jam Synth is a fully featured monophonic guitar synthesizer for iOS. It tracks the pitch and amplitude of an incoming guitar signal and uses this information to control digital oscillators…
You Might Also Like...