iMIDIPatchbay lets you organize your whole MIDI setup from one central point. Do you often divide your keyboards into zones to assign different sounds which might come from external sound expanders? Do you need to send Program Changes to your MIDI equipment? Do you want to integrate your music making apps into your live gear? Well, then iMIDIPatchbay is definitely the right tool for you!
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
"If you have a keyboard without extensive Midi functionality but you want to control additional hardware by Midi THIS is the app to setup almost any kind of Midi routing you want"
With iMIDIPatchbay I manage midi hardware connections (I use on my Ipad iMX-1 interface) to create split and layer configurations, send program changes to my sound devices, send control changes to my NordWave, NordElectro and Akai Miniak.
(by Maurizio Piacente)
"For keyboard splitting, your app is definitely my first choice. [...] I do like the easy access of your app"
(by Nick Trass)
"This is all I need to build my sounds in the same way as I do on my Nord Stage keyboard, but with a wider choice of synths. Today's iPad with A6X CPU already allows a few nice synths to run simultaneously, I decided to break my wallet and give this modern music rig a try and end up with something I could not imagine for that price. Great App. Thx."
LIST OF FEATURES
- Create split and layer configurations very easily
- Support for up to 4 master keyboards
- Send volume and other control changes (reverb, chorus, pan) to your sound devices
- Send Program Changes to your sound devices
- Transpose sounds in octave steps
- Transpose the hole rig in half-tone steps
- Filter controller data (sustain, pitch-bend, modulation, expression, aftertouch)
- Store configurations as songs for later recall
- Switch song of iMIDIPatchbay from another app or MIDI device via Program Changes
- Switch songs while holding down keys or holding e.g. the sustain pedal without getting stuck notes
- Play all your sounds even if you don't have all your master keyboards with you: "master switches" allow you to make another master act as a substitute for it (advanced feature!)
- Create setlists to arrange songs for your performances
- Backup settings to Dropbox
- UI which is optimized for live usage
WHAT EXACTLY CAN I DO WITH iMIDIPatchbay?
As a keyboard player, you most probably know about splitting and layering sounds. While this can be done relatively easy on professional keyboards, it becomes more complex if your gear consists of multiple keyboards and sound expanders. iMIDIPatchbay makes building such configurations a lot easier than it has ever been before.
After connecting your keyboards and other MIDI devices to the iPad, you can easily create split zones and assign sounds of your MIDI devices to them. It's also possible to route the MIDI data to other apps if they have a virtual MIDI port. Furthermore, you can filter out controllers which is great if you want e.g. pitch bend or sustain to affect only a subset of the active sounds.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
You need a CoreMIDI interface to connect your keyboards and sound expanders to the iPad.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE?
Go to iMIDIPatchbay's website in order to find a more detailed description of the app. If you encounter problems, please let me help you (you find the mail address on the website and on the info screen within the app). Please note that there is no way to respond to you if you post a review on the App Store instead. Always email me first!
If you like the app, let others know by submitting a good review on the App Store. And feel free to send me suggestions for further releases.
Latest Release Notes - v1.3.0
- Now you can give names to your programs (which are now called "songs") and arrange them in setlists.
BTW: iMIDIPatchbay works on iOS7.
Screenshots & Videos
iMIDIPatchbay lets you organize your whole MIDI setup from one central point and divide your keyboard into zones to assign different sounds…
You Might Also Like...