Without making single iOS app Ableton made more than anybody else (including Apple) for popularization of iOS music making – it all started with Ableton Link – amazingly simple solution for syncronization of music apps (which is now also available for .
And today they’ve announced Ableton Export SDK and three iOS apps were updated with Ableton Live Session export – TriqTraq, Patterning and Blocs Wave.
Here’s Ableton’s intro video:
Patterning : Drum Machine
by Olympia Noise Co.
Patterning : Drum Machine
App Store Best of 2015, Runner Up : App of the Year.
As beautiful as it is powerful, Patterning is a deep and flexible drum machine unlike any you’ve encountered before. With its elegant circular interface, Patterning transforms the iPad into a seriously inspiring tool for making beats.
Create dynamic drum patterns with the swipe of a finger. Make evolving, poly-metric rhythms, four-on-the-floor dance party jams, or laid back R&B grooves. Use Patterning’s independent loop settings to explore untapped rhythmic possibilities. Automate parameters to create intricate & complex beats. Arrange patterns on the timeline to construct songs. Use the built-in effects--delay, reverb, distortion, and 3-band EQ--to add atmosphere, shimmer and noise. Connect to other apps with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, and MIDI. Export your beats to perfect audio loops or directly to an Ableton Live Set.
Patterning comes loaded with classic drum machine samples as well as exclusive drum kits created and curated by contemporary producers and musicians. For the independent producer, it’s easy to create custom kits with your own samples.
Supports Ableton Link, MIDI Clock Sync, and Inter-App Audio Sync.
With an extensive and uncommon feature set, Patterning redefines what an iOS drum machine can be.
“This is brilliant.” - Sebastian Dittman, Audiobus & Audanika
"Patterning is fantastic…. You will not be disappointed.” - Sean Garland, iOSMars.com
"The honest truth is this: Patterning really does live up to the hype.” - Doug Woods, thesoundtestroom.com
Patterning was created by Olympia Noise Co., makers of Chordion, App Store Editor’s Choice in 23 Countries.
Recommended for iPad 3 and newer.
For a complete list of specifications, please visit http://www.olympianoiseco.com/apps/patterning
Triqtraq - Jam Sequencer
by Zaplin Music
Triqtraq - Jam Sequencer
Create music on the go with Triqtraq. Compose original beats in the smooth one-window interface, record sound tweaks in realtime and sample your own sounds for direct use. Use the advanced automation and rhythmic features to create musical patterns that never sound the same.
“There are expensive hardware synths/sequencers not capable of that!"
- Sound On Sound magazine
“One of the best jamming tools I've encountered on iOS”
“A delight to use"
- Sound On Sound magazine
“Brilliant lay-out... Absolutely recommended."
“You can get a punchy track out of it in a few minutes.”
- WIRED Germany
“The deal of the century. One of the deepest sequencers…”
- Ask Audio
- Music Tech magazine (10/10 stars)
“Something rather special”
“The polyrhythmic loop manipulation is awesome.”
- Computer Music magazine (9/10 stars)
“Brilliant fun to use”
- Music App Blog
“Warning: it’s addictive!”
- Audio News Room
“Easily one of the best” “Quality app that could be used in a live situation without breaking a sweat.”
- Synth Universe
“You create really cool ideas for tracks. Awesome fun!”
- Richard Devine
SUPER QUICK INTERFACE
• Compose and tweak beats fluently in an all-in-one window interface, without ever hitting stop.
• It’s all about touch: build up, vary, mangle and break your patterns with a swipe of your finger.
• Compose up to 16 patterns, and arrange them in the 16 step queue to build entire songs.
TWEAK YOUR OWN SOUND
• Have endless fun with the real-time sound manipulation by recording various effect and parameter sliders (Automation).
• Add that personal touch and record your own sounds while jamming, with the super fast microphone recording feature.
• Get creative with a large library of over 400 included samples in 4 categories: Drums, Bass, Percussion and Keys.
• Take your custom sample library on the road by importing or pasting sounds from other apps.
• Surprise yourself and make endless variations of one loop: give each of the four channels a different length.
• Every recorded parameter automation can have its own length too, resulting in ever evolving rhythms or melodies.
• Create your own original grooves by changing the swing amount and BPM per step.
GREAT TEAM PLAYER
• Play together with Ableton Link and sync multiple apps and devices over WiFi.
• Get your recorded tunes out there and export your tracks to Soundcloud or Mail.
• Move ideas to other apps and store audio recordings on Dropbox (via Open in…).
• Get an even bigger sonic palette by using it along other apps with Audiobus and Inter-app-audio.
- Four Channels, each with 8 playable Sample Pads
- 16 Patterns per Session
- Step Editor
- Recordable Automation
- Pitch, Filter, Delay, Pan, Level and Decay per Channel
- Loop Range: individual track and automation lengths
- Loop Speed: individual speed per track or automation
- Multi-selection and recording
- Chaining of Patterns with the Queue
- Real-time switching between patterns
- Automation option for BPM and Swing
- Library with more than 400 one-shot samples included
- Import your own sounds
- Sample swapping during playback
- Sample recording with the internal microphone, also during playback
- Ableton Link
- Audio Copy/Paste
- Inter-App Audio
- Background Audio
- Ableton Live 9
- SoundCloud, Allihoopa, Audio Copy, E-mail or iTunes
- Open In... (Dropbox, Airdrop etc.)
- License for Ableton Live 9 Lite included
- User Guide
Check out www.triqtraq.com for demo video’s and tutorials!
** Free to download **
Blocs Wave is a fun and beautifully designed music app for making and recording new music quickly. For songwriters and electronic music makers alike, it is an on-the-move powerful portable music studio.
Start new musical ideas by discovering new sounds across genres. Make your tunes unique by slicing and rearranging your sounds. Play with beautiful touchable waveforms and build up loops in real-time by recording your voice or other sounds, and build bigger ideas using song sections. Blocs Wave is also great for live looping, thanks to its real-time stretch and pitch engine.
• Find ideas quickly - Combine sounds across genres
• Play with sounds - Beautiful, touchable waveforms
• Record new sounds - Capture your own vocals and instruments
• Explore a huge sound library - Find amazing sounds across genres from electronic to indie, EDM to songwriting, and more
• Expand your collection - Download more sounds from an ever-expanding soundpack library
• Chop up sounds - Use Slice Mode to make every sound unique (In-App Purchase)
• Export your music - Create a mixdown or export individual tracks
• Shape your sound - 3-band EQ for boosting bass and mixing sounds (In-App Purchase)
• Launchpad Soundpack sharing - Get hundreds more genres and styles through our Launchpad for iOS app
• Real-time stretching - Change tempo while playing
• Real-time recording - Build up live recorded loops in real-time
• Import - Bring in your own sounds from other apps (In-App Purchase)
• Key aware - All library sounds stay in-key with each other
• User library - Manage your recorded and imported sounds
• Works well with others - Supports Audiobus, AudioCopy/AudioShare and hardware input
• Jam in sync - Supports Ableton Link
Compatible with iPad 4, iPad Air (1/2), iPad Mini (2/3/4), iPad Pro (12.9”, 9.7”), iPhone 8/8Plus, 7/7 Plus, 6/6s Plus, 6/6S, SE, 5/5S/5C.
Supports iOS 10, 11.
For more support enquires please visit: https://ampifymusic.com/support
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
And here’s description from Ableton website:
Ableton Live Set Export is a library that allows an application to write Ableton Live project files. The library handles generation of the ALS document, but also creates the project folder structure and copies any associated audio resources to the project. The library provides an Objective-C wrapper for iOS development.
The library only contains functionality for generating Ableton Live projects. It does not support reading or parsing Live Sets or other Ableton-generated files. This library also does not handle transmitting the project data from an iOS device to Live, or any other network operations. Ableton will provide separate UX guidelines to advise on how the library can best be integrated in your app.
Before Ableton officially released SDK there were several iOS apps that support export to Ableton Live session format – most notable Korg Gadget.
by KORG INC.
The ultimate mobile instruments collection on your iPad, iPad Pro and iPhone. KORG Gadget - the all-in-one music production studio.
KORG Gadget has received numerous awards from around the world:
• Apple: "App Store Best of 2014" in Japan
• #1 in the Top Paid Music iPad App category*
• TECH AWARD 2015 "Best Music Production App"
• MusicTech's "Gear of the Year: Best App" Gold Award
• “Musikmesse international press award 2016” Mobile Music App
* USA, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy and much more!
KORG Gadget offers a collection of more than 30* different synthesizers and drum machines called “Gadgets.” These gadgets were designed to assist the user to produce powerful electronic music. The latest version features universal support not only for the iPad, but also for the iPad Pro and the iPhone. The painstaking attention that KORG has given its hardware instruments for more than fifty years has now taken shape as cutting-edge software in the Gadget. It's the ultimate all-in-one music production studio app.
* The total number of gadgets including in-app purchases etc.
• A collection of more than 30 Gadgets
Each Gadget available contains carefully constructed parameters to bring you the sounds you want. They’re ideal for producing all forms of electronic music. Even inexperienced musicians can enjoy the app as each synth offers a Scale function that makes it virtually impossible to play the wrong notes.
• Design tracks in portrait or landscape. Workflow for any music production task
The greatest feature of KORG Gadget is the user interface. It gives you an ideal music production workflow based mainly on the portrait orientation that you're familiar with. When you want to focus on specifics, you can smoothly switch to landscape orientation. This app perfectly supports either preference on the iPad, iPhone, or iPad Pro. From song production to sound design, effects, and mixing, all the steps are intuitive and seamless. Experience perfect music production on mobile!
• Produce music more freely without location limitations. An ideal choice as a second DAW
If you run out of ideas while producing a song, try taking KORG Gadget somewhere that you find inspirational. Gadget liberates you from limitations of location, allowing you to create and capture song ideas anywhere. These ideas can be saved as MIDI or as audio to allow a smooth transition to your desktop system. Wherever you go, take Gadget along as the ideal partner for inspiration.
• Share songs to the GadgetCloud to connect with users around the world
Songs that you create using KORG Gadget can be shared on “GadgetCloud,” a music exchange for Gadget users worldwide. By uploading and sharing songs, you can communicate in ways that bypass language barriers, and also improve your skill as a creative artist. On GadgetCloud, you can submit your songs for selection as tracks recommended by Korg, enter various contents, and use the ranking system. You can also upload from Gadget directly to any social networking service such as SoundCloud, Facebook, or Twitter, to name a few.
* GadgetCloud is based on SoundCloud, the cloud service that's supported by creative artists world-wide.
• Make it come alive with new MIDI controllers. Accelerate the pace of your music production
To customize your needs, you can freely choose a MIDI controller that complements the KORG Gadget. With the nanoKEY Studio/nanoKONTROL Studio, you can step-record and mix wirelessly as setup is automatic, making this easy and convenient. You can also opt to choose the microKEY Air, a compact mini-keyboard that can also connect wirelessly and via the Apple Lightning adapter. By partnering with a MIDI controller that inspires you, you can improve the quality of your music production.
More info at korg.com