Korg Gadget – best music app of the last few years. Korg keeps updating it adding new features and new modules.
by KORG INC.
The ultimate mobile instruments collection on your iPad, iPad Pro and iPhone. KORG Gadget - the all-in-one music production studio.
KORG Gadget has received numerous awards from around the world:
• Apple: "App Store Best of 2014" in Japan
• #1 in the Top Paid Music iPad App category*
• TECH AWARD 2015 "Best Music Production App"
• MusicTech's "Gear of the Year: Best App" Gold Award
• “Musikmesse international press award 2016” Mobile Music App
* USA, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy and much more!
KORG Gadget offers a collection of more than 30* different synthesizers and drum machines called “Gadgets.” These gadgets were designed to assist the user to produce powerful electronic music. The latest version features universal support not only for the iPad, but also for the iPad Pro and the iPhone. The painstaking attention that KORG has given its hardware instruments for more than fifty years has now taken shape as cutting-edge software in the Gadget. It's the ultimate all-in-one music production studio app.
* The total number of gadgets including in-app purchases etc.
• A collection of more than 30 Gadgets
Each Gadget available contains carefully constructed parameters to bring you the sounds you want. They’re ideal for producing all forms of electronic music. Even inexperienced musicians can enjoy the app as each synth offers a Scale function that makes it virtually impossible to play the wrong notes.
• Design tracks in portrait or landscape. Workflow for any music production task
The greatest feature of KORG Gadget is the user interface. It gives you an ideal music production workflow based mainly on the portrait orientation that you're familiar with. When you want to focus on specifics, you can smoothly switch to landscape orientation. This app perfectly supports either preference on the iPad, iPhone, or iPad Pro. From song production to sound design, effects, and mixing, all the steps are intuitive and seamless. Experience perfect music production on mobile!
• Produce music more freely without location limitations. An ideal choice as a second DAW
If you run out of ideas while producing a song, try taking KORG Gadget somewhere that you find inspirational. Gadget liberates you from limitations of location, allowing you to create and capture song ideas anywhere. These ideas can be saved as MIDI or as audio to allow a smooth transition to your desktop system. Wherever you go, take Gadget along as the ideal partner for inspiration.
• Share songs to the GadgetCloud to connect with users around the world
Songs that you create using KORG Gadget can be shared on “GadgetCloud,” a music exchange for Gadget users worldwide. By uploading and sharing songs, you can communicate in ways that bypass language barriers, and also improve your skill as a creative artist. On GadgetCloud, you can submit your songs for selection as tracks recommended by Korg, enter various contents, and use the ranking system. You can also upload from Gadget directly to any social networking service such as SoundCloud, Facebook, or Twitter, to name a few.
* GadgetCloud is based on SoundCloud, the cloud service that's supported by creative artists world-wide.
• Make it come alive with new MIDI controllers. Accelerate the pace of your music production
To customize your needs, you can freely choose a MIDI controller that complements the KORG Gadget. With the nanoKEY Studio/nanoKONTROL Studio, you can step-record and mix wirelessly as setup is automatic, making this easy and convenient. You can also opt to choose the microKEY Air, a compact mini-keyboard that can also connect wirelessly and via the Apple Lightning adapter. By partnering with a MIDI controller that inspires you, you can improve the quality of your music production.
More info at korg.com
Cubasis 2 – one of the best full featured iOS DAW for a bargain price. Recently updated Channel strip and support of AU makes this app closer to professional desktop-class DAWs
by Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
iCloud Drive export requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
KORG ARP Odyssei – one of the latest additions to the KORG apps family and one of the best sounding iOS synths.
by KORG INC.
The legendary ARP sound, exquisitely reproduced in software.
ARP ODYSSEi - A mobile analog synthesizer for iOS.
The ARP Odyssey of 1972 has earned an unshakable position as a classic analog synthesizer. In 2015, KORG produced the ARP ODYSSEY, a complete reproduction of the original. The ARP genes that shook the worldwide music scene are being passed on, and its history continues.
The next platform for the ARP ODYSSEY is iOS. We want the unforgettable ARP sound to be easily available on a device that as many as possible of today's players can obtain; this resulted in the "ARP ODYSSEi" app for iPad / iPhone. Based on the revived ARP ODYSSEY, we used KORG's proprietary CMT circuit modeling technology to reproduce the analog feeling and sound of the original as closely as possible. We've also given it numerous enhancements that are possible only with software, such as long-awaited polyphony and built-in effects.
The real analog ARP ODYSSEY, and now the uniquely evolved ARP ODYSSEi, brings the universal fascination and inimitable sound to every device.
* Due to differences in CPU speed of iPads / iPhones, iPad 3rd gen/2/iPad mini/iPhone 4s are not supported, only iPad Air/iPhone 5s or later is recommended.
[ Features ]
- Faithfully models the circuit of the ARP ODYSSEY: The circuitry has been reproduced using KORG's proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology), developed over the years starting with the KORG Legacy Collection.
- New functions to create all-new ARP sounds: Added a voice assign mode that allows you to play chords, an arpeggiator that can be programmed in detail like a step sequencer, and effects that can transform the sound in diverse ways.
- Get all three of the sought-after revisions: In addition to the standard design of the Rev3 with its black panel and orange silk-screening, you can optionally obtain the white-paneled Rev1 and the black-paneled gold silk-screened Rev2 designs, together with fifty new preset sounds that take advantage of the distinctive filters of those models.
- Produce music together with KORG Gadget: ARP ODYSSEi can be used in conjunction with the "KORG Gadget" music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the "Lexington" gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at korg.com
Elastic Drums – most fully features drum machine/sampler apps.
Featured 170 times on App Store category pages!
Comes with Ableton Link synchronization and Ableton Live Set Export.
Machinedrum: "It's awesome, a lot of fun to work with and very easy to get something going. I love the sound presets too.“
Funkstörung:"Fantastic sounding, great fun to play with, a must have for live performances!"
Palm Sounds: "I have to say that I've been completely impressed by this iPhone drum machine. In terms of sound, in terms of design, and in terms of functionality. It is amazing."
Keyboards: „An extremely flexible beatbox with tons of character."
CDM: "Finally, Your Pocket Gets a Perfect Drum Synth: Elastic Drums for iPhone."
iOS Music&You: "Highly, highly recommended."
Elastic Drums is a music app showcasing an interactive drum kit, that enables to create a huge range of rhythmic grids, ranging from classical analog drumkits up to experimental soundscapes.
It contains six channels of high quality synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 effect channels. All important control parameters are automatable. The result: Elastic drum composition with a unique character!
- 6 synth channels with 13 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone, sampler)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2x13 mono effects and 2x11 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor ...)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it's own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Midi learn/Midi implementation of the most important parameters
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
MIDI Designer PRO – flexible and customizable MIDI controller with tons of templates for various software and hardware synths.
MIDI Designer Pro 2
by Confusion Studios LLC
MIDI Designer Pro 2
MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
AUFX:Space – whatever genre of music you are in – you need reverb. And this app is one of the best available iOS reverbs
by Kymatica AB
High quality real time reverb audio effect, for everything between small rooms, resonators, and infinitely large spaces.
This app is the first in the AUFX series, a collection of simple and powerful audio effect apps.
• High quality 32-bit DSP engine.
• A multitude of parameters to tweak to get a wide range of sounds.
• Built-in resonant filters.
• Process hardware input/output.
• Process other apps through Inter-App Audio or Audiobus (input/filter/output slots supported).
• Save, load and share user presets.
• Supports Audiobus2 state saving.
• Comes with several bundled presets.
• Fully MIDI controllable, including Virtual MIDI.
• Background Audio.
• Built-in lookahead limiter to prevent clipping.
• Record the result directly in app.
• Email recordings or export to AudioShare audio document manager app.
• Access user presets and recordings through iTunes File Sharing.
KORG Module – best sounding classic instruments – piano, electric piano, organ
by KORG INC.
The best sounds, available to everyone. Announcing a new high-quality mobile sound module app for iOS!
• Achieved the #1 position*on the App Store* in the Top Paid Music App category
*USA, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Canada and much more!
Ideal for performance and music production, KORG Module is a high-quality sound module app for iOS that contains a professional sound library. With just your iPad/iPhone and a MIDI keyboard such as the new microKEY, you can play studio-quality keyboard and grand piano sounds anywhere. You can also use the sounds of KORG Module for the KORG Gadget music production app. Maintaining its position at the forefront of mobile music apps, KORG now offers you a new style of performance and production with KORG Module for iOS.
● Stunningly high-quality piano and a full range of keyboard sound engines
● Five dedicated sound engines : Acoustic Piano/Electric Piano/Clav/Organ/Multi
● Ultra-low latency sound engine
● With just an iPad/iPhone and the new microKEY, you can enjoy great sound anywhere
● Mobile music production in tandem with KORG Gadget
● Convenient set list function with a PDF/image score viewer and music player
● Power-up even more with expansion sound libraries: TRITON Best Selection / Ivory Mobile Grand / PREMIER Vintage Organ
● Easily record your performances, and share song sketches on SoundCloud
● Integrating iOS technology that's indispensable for the mobile environment
*** Stunningly high-quality piano and a full range of keyboard sound engines ***
KORG Module has five dedicated sound engines, providing a number of high-quality sounds that can be played back on your iOS using the "NATIVE ENGINE”. These engines feature technology that was developed for KORG's historic line of workstations and synthesizers including: Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Clav, Organ, and Multi. Each display has carefully selected parameters, making it convenient and easy to adjust the sounds. We’ve also carefully ensured ideal playability and designed the system for ultra-low latency. Once you experience the quality of the sounds being produced from the slim body of your iPad, you'll agree that Module is radically different than anything else currently on the market.
*** With just an iPad/iPhone and the new microKEY, you can enjoy great sound anywhere ***
KORG Module and the microKEY are the best possible combination for a mobile performance environment. With the new microKEY which supports a damper, or the microKEY Air which provides a wireless connection via Bluetooth MIDI, your iPad can transform into a high-quality sound module. In your room, in a practice studio, or performing on stage,, it's easy to set up and immerse yourself in a superb playing experience wherever you are. Of course you can also use any MIDI keyboard that can connect to your iPad via Apple Lightning - USB camera adapter. The velocity curve function conforms the sound to your playing dynamics, so you'll be able to perform comfortably using any MIDI keyboard. Even if you don't have a MIDI keyboard, you can use the apps on-screen keyboard, phrase function, or MIDI player to play the sounds. The MIDI player can load and play standard MIDI files for your listening enjoyment.
*** Mobile music production in tandem with KORG Gadget ***
You can also use the high-quality KORG Module sounds inside KORG Gadget, the mobile music production app. If you have Module and Gadget, the five tools Salzburg, Montreal, Alexandria, Firenze, and Glasgow are added inside, allowing access the same way as Gadget. These five powerful gadgets will add even more variety to your music productions, raising your music to the next level. Whether for performance or for production, both of these apps deliver ultimate sound.
More info at korg.com
Modstep – this app can do so many things… it is hard to explain in one sentence. It is MIDI controller and sequencer, sampler, host for your synths… and almost complete studio that reminds me Ableton Live with many things. You should definitely try this app if you have not yet.
Introducing Modstep, Modulation Monster and the first full-blown MIDI sequencer for the iPad. Modstep allows you to create music and jam with your iPad and your favorite IAA Apps, Audio Units, Mac and PC software and MIDI hardware as well as the internal drum sampler and synth. Use it as the centerpiece of your setup to create and perform music on the go, in the studio and on stage.
"If you´re looking for a versatile, adaptable MIDI sequencer for iOS, Modstep comes highly recommended"
Sound On Sound
“Modstep could change how an iPad fits into your music making”
“If you’ve ever dreamed of a touchscreen brain for your studio, this is it.” FACTMag
"Modstep is a great step forward for step sequencing.”
-Session-style MIDI sequencer with unlimited tracks & scenes.
-Play individual clips or whole scenes, or use the included arrangement features to manage more sophisticated song-structures.
-Clips are pattern based which allows quick edits on the fly. Set a variable speed per pattern.
-Edit clips with either the Step Sequencer or the Piano Roll
-Step Sequencer with active steps and step-shifting.
-Piano Roll with variable quantization including triplets, access to modulations, velocities and scales.
-Everything can be edited, arranged, modulated or changed in real-time.
-Note Repeat from 1-48th to 1/4th.
-Unlimited MIDI & Audio tracks - only restricted by the power of your iPad.
-Tempo range from 20 to 999bpm.
-Sync via Ableton Link.
-Stable and low-latency MIDI Clock In & Out with latency adjustment.
-integrated global keyboard with scales & drum-pads allow quick recording of individual tracks with a single surface.
-Use an external controller or keyboard to control, record or play any given track.
-Midi mappable via external MIDI controllers
-Internal additive synth with up to 64 harmonics per voice, 3-band eq, delay, reverb, lfo and detune.
-Internal sampler with pitch, volume, reverse, fx per slot, 3 band-eq, delay and reverb.
-Integrate any IAA compatible app or Audio Unit as an instrument or effect.
-unlimited number of effects per track.
-convenient plugin management via drag and drop.
-Integrated mixer with Arm, Mute, Solo per track
-Any loaded instrument or external MIDI hardware is completely modulatable via CCs.
-Up to 128 CC modulations per track.
-Audio and MIDI streaming directly via charger cable to Mac and PC using studiomux technology
-Export sample perfect loops of audio per track. Choose which channels to record. The internal quantization will make sure they are sample-perfect and ready for any DAW.
-Import / Export of MIDI files.
-Import / Export of Audio & MIDI files via AudioShare.
-A sophisticated template system allows quick setup of tracks to control external MIDI hardware, apps or plugins.
-Includes many preconfigured templates for popular external hardware.
-Template editor to create your own templates for IAA Apps, desktop Apps and external MIDI devices
-Supports all MIDI interfaces for the iPad
-Works on all iPads (iPad 1 restricted to MIDI only)
iOS 8 or later
for audio and MIDI streaming to a Mac or PC, the studiomux server software is required: get the latest for free at studiomux.net
You can find the manual here: http://www.modstep.net/manual