Different Drummer v1.1.0 Released – Adds Stereo Audio Recording, Export via AudioCopy & More!
TechnÃ© Media have released version 1.1.0 of Different Drummer – their new drum machine for iPad that uses the innate rhythmic power of waves to control all aspects of drumming. The update adds stereo audio recording, export audio via AudioCopy/Paste, export to DropBox & iTunes file sharing, import custom samples via iTunes, Tap Tempo and more!
- Stereo Audio Recording
- Export Audio via AudioCopy/Paste
- Export Audio to Dropbox
- Export to iTunes
- Set Record Time by seconds or beats
- Import Custom Samples via iTunes
- Over 5 new samples added
- Fixed MIDI Sync switch and MIDI Channel mapping
- Tap Tempo
For more information about Different Drummer click here.
Drumming is only the beginning of what Different Drummer does.
“Your app is not a drum machine, it’s a music machine.”
The most intriguing and deep app in the store. A Must for all musicians.
by Captain Totti - IT store - Version 2.5.1
Really different drummer!!!!!!!! *****
by Lukerivera - FR store - Version 1.1.1
by Trueyorky - UK store - Version 1.5.0
This really is very good and nothing like ANY other app to date. Superb :-)
Different Drummer is your secret weapon in the quest for innovative beats and music that make sense yet defy the status quo. Using patent pending Cyclophone Technology, Different Drummer taps into the primal source of all rhythm—waves. Different Drummer puts out multi-track music which is lifelike or primal at times and out of this world at others. It's not a drum synthesizer but a music synthesizer that uses waves to play any sound in amazing ways that vary from electro to dubstep to tribal to classical. Check us on soundcloud.com/techne-media to hear.
This software was created with music in mind—but in the spirit of discovering what is next in music, not just finding a new way to do the same thing like so many music apps do so well. If you are a pioneer or care about where music is going, this app is for you.
Yet another happy customer's perspective:
“I just wanted to add that this is the most inspiring drum creation app by far. I don't think I'll be able to go back to a normal drum machine after this. It is just so easy to come up with really interesting parts with rhythms that I haven't been able to achieve before…”
Create dynamic drum parts, saving hours of tedious pattern and loop creation. Drums created with DD are pretty much assured to be copyright free and unique!
It only takes a few minutes before you realize how easy it is to manipulate touch-enabled rhythm waves. Adjust note, rest, tie, panning and dynamics waves for ultimate range of expression.
The possibilities are truly endless. Different Drummer makes a whole lot more of the possibilities easier than ever to access.
• 8 Sampler Tracks with 5-wave Cyclophone Controls
• AudioBus and Inter-App audio (iOS7) out plus background play
• Stereo audio recording. Export via Drop box or iTunes or AudioCopy or General Pasteboard (to GarageBand for example)
• Progression Composer makes it easy to create guide tracks or multi-track arpeggios
• Control drum pitches, rests, ties, dynamics and panning using complex waves
• Instant Capture in case you hear a killer beat you want saved
• Save Wave Presets to Wave Library and share with other users in Community
• String Wave Sets together in saved Sequences
• Export Wave Sets or Sequences as MIDI Files (via iTunes, Email or Dropbox)
• Over 190 drum and sound FX samples with more added every update
• Add your own samples via iTunes (WAV or CAF), AudioPaste or DropBox
• Over 70 musical scales to assign drums to as well as key
• Channel Volume, Filter, Distortion and Reverb Mixer
• Set Key, Tempo, Swing and Time Signature
• Automation for randomizing and morphing playback
• MIDI Sync Out
• Up to 8 Channels of MIDI Out
• Core MIDI lets you play other synthesizers and drum machines on your iPad such as Animoog and NLog Pro
To hear Different Drummer in action and learn more please go to www.technemedia.com
Latest Release Notes - v2.7.1
• Ability to queue up next preset while playing which causes it to wait until the current measure has completed to begin the next preset
• Fix bug in Reset Audio
• New Harmony feature allows addition of up to 2 harmony notes for each voice (24 note max and depends on your CPU and memory)
• Ability to route to audio/midi/both for each voice
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...