Steinberg has updated Cubasis to 2.0 bringing lots of new features for both professional musicians and beginners.
First of all time-stretch – long waited feature requested by many users. There’s manual and auto mode.
Pitch shift is another requested feature.
New channel strip makes Cubasis more suitable for professional use. Great to have saturator on each channel.
Though it is great update and great intro price for new users there are still some important features missing: Ableton Link support and 12″ iPad Pro interface – it is still scaled version of 9″ ipad.
Cubasis 2 special price valid from September 22 to October 06, 2016: € ($) 24.99 (regular price: € ($) 49.99). Special price for FX Pack 1 and FX Pack 2 (exclusively available through in-app purchase) valid until October 06, 2016: € ($) 3.99 (regular price: € ($) 6.99).
by Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
iCloud Drive export requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What’s new in Cubasis 2
• A Refreshed User Interface – Enjoy profound usability by straightforward workflows
• Real-time Time-Stretch – Tempo match audio loops to your song’s tempo in a snap
• Pitch shift with formant correction – Easily change keys of any tracks and tune them to perfection
• A studio-grade channel strip – Reach true sound perfection for all channels
• Spin FX – Tweak and mash-up your tracks with DJ-like breaks, stops and stutters
• MicroSonic TAPE instruments – Perfectly recreate trademark sounds from the ’60s era
• 76 new Micrologue presets – Lay down your tracks with cutting-edge modern synth sounds
• Factory loops tempo match – Enjoy the freedom to use included audio loops at any tempo
• MIDI Auto Quantize – Sync MIDI tracks with the beat while recording
• Ready for iOS 10 – Cubasis 2.0 is fully tested and proven iOS 10 compatible
Cubasis 2 Improvements & Fixes
CB-335 Zooming behaviour in arrange window and editors has been reworked to provide enhanced precision and accuracy.
CB-3282 Response time has drastically been improved for menu bar and tool bar buttons.
CB-3081 Record mode tools have been added to tempo pop-up for improved usability.
CB-3145 Factory audio loop library has been converted to lossless FLAC format for improved quality.
CB-3273 Background color option has been added to the setup for the Arrange window.
CB-3209 Order of fixed insert slots can be swapped via corresponding icon.
CB-3289 Improves the cosmetic issue of iOS keyboard and text pop-ups overlapping.
CB-392 Overlapping events no longer flicker when zooming or scrolling.
CB-2947 Loading audio unit instances during playback no longer results in muted audio playback.
CB-3298 Releasing the pitch-bend wheel now correctly resets its value.
CB-3314 Fixes the graphical issue of overlaying event names and event lengths.
CB-3321 Fixes the problem of unreliable rendering of Cubasis when transferring a file via Air Drop.
CB-3341 Fixes the problem of unreliable rendering of Cubasis when deleting user files via WiFi.
CB-3063 Fixes a rare phenomenon where audio files can get lost after recording, renaming and reloading a project.
CB-3028 Solves a rare problem where undoing a track recording could lead to losing corresponding I/O track settings.
CB-3045 Fixes a rare issue where undoing a recording can lead to renaming of the corresponding track.
CB-3129 Fixes a problem where the user interface of Blamsoft Viking appears broken after being assigned as AU instrument.
CB-3127 Freezing an AU track that contains Moog Model 15 now leads to expected results.
CB-2919 Fixes a problem where loading a project that contains a NS1 AU instrument instance could lead to unreliable behaviour of Cubasis.
CB-2205 Swing quantize settings are now properly saved with the project.
CB-3046 Fixes a problem where activating cycle mode during pre-count can lead to loosing recordings.
CB-3062 Activating cycle mode during count-in no longer leads to unwanted results.
CB-3110 Fixes defective samples of Microsonic’s Mellow EP instrument.
CB-3159 Type parameter of filter effect plug-in can now be automated as expected.
CB-3145 Importing loops from the factory library no longer results in wrong audio event lengths.
CB-3170 Return to stop in record mode now works as expected when having roll/count enabled.
CB-3175 Solves a problem where importing 96 kHz samples could lead to broken MiniSampler instruments.
CB-3210 Deleting an effect no longer interacts with other effect or track automations.
CB-3162 Fixes a graphical issue where importing .wav files could lead to overlapping between waveform and event size.