Update: NanoStudio v1.33 Released
Blip Interactive have released version 1.33 of NanoStudio – their iOS Universal music production studio. Highlights include Retina display support for the new iPad, the ability to email files, and the ability to open .nsp, .wav and .mid files with NanoStudio from other apps. The update also includes a number of other new features and bug fixes.
- Retina display support for new iPad
- Files can be Emailed from within NanoStudio (iOS)
- .nsp, .wav and .mid files are now associated so they can be opened with NanoStudio from other apps (iOS)
- .nsp files are associated so they can now be opened with NanoStudio by double-clicking (Windows and OS X)
- Eden sample page supports note slicing, so samples can be sliced across the keyboard in up to 64 slices
- Computer keyboard support for typing file names, playing keys/pads and basic sequencer operation (Windows and OS X)
- NanoStudio 1.33 for OS X will be available via the Mac app store
- Projects were not always exported with relative sample paths (so they had to be decompressed to the same folder path to work)
- Using AV adapter on iOS causes crash
- Channel L/R buttons in mixer are sometimes visible when they shouldn’t be
- The last note event of a loop section was sometimes played at the beginning of the loop when resampling with pre-roll enabled
- Tapping FX indicator on mixer channel sometimes selects the wrong channel (iPad)
- When using more than 32 mixer channels, the later channels would sometimes be silent
- NanoStudio would shutdown the network MIDI session for other apps on start up
- Removed small click on the end of a couple of default TRG samples (eg. 808 BD)
- Couldn’t set metronome to zero volume
NanoStudio includes up to 6 simultaneous instruments (including mixer) (or upgrade with the ’16 Instrument Tracks’ in-app purchase). Each synth has 16 voice polyphony, two dedicated insert effects and can use samples or dual oscillators in mix, ring or sync configuration (choice of 36 different waveforms). Each voice has a 2 pole resonant filter, 3 envelope generators and 4 LFO’s, all configurable via a patchbay. Perform and record controller movements using dual X/Y pads, a pitch bend wheel and accelerometer. NanoStudio comes with 128 ready-made synth presets to get you started.
For more information about NanoStudio click here.
MusicTech Magazine - 10/10 Excellence Award
NanoStudio is a recording studio for iOS, OS X and Windows. It has virtual analogue synths, sample trigger pads, a comprehensive sequencer, a sample editor, a mixer and multiple effects all integrated into a single application.
Record your ideas in real time, mix synth layers with samples, compose and arrange your tune using the powerful sequencer and bring the mix alive with effects such as reverb, compression and EQ. Share your tune on SoundCloud from wherever you are or use the comprehensive audio mixdown options and MIDI export feature to get your ideas over to your desktop DAW when you get back home.
NanoStudio's intuitive user interface frees you to get creative yet has loads of depth for when you need it. To try it out head on over to our website where you can download the OS X and Windows versions for free!
Up to 6 simultaneous instruments (including mixer) or upgrade with the '16 Instrument Tracks' in-app purchase, particularly recommended for newer devices.
'Eden', a powerful 16 voice subtractive synth with dual oscillators, 2 pole resonant filter, 3 envelope generators and 4 LFO's per voice and 2 dedicated insert effects. Eden's virtual patchbay lets you hook up almost anything for modulation mayhem.
The 'TRG-16', a performance pad for triggering samples. Adjust pitch, pan, volume and envelopes and assign each sample to one of the 3 output busses, each with its own effect sends and filter setup.
Record samples with the built-in mic (iPod Touch requires external mic), resample NanoStudio's own output or upload your own samples using NanoSync for OS X/Windows. Edit your samples using NanoStudio's built-in wave editing tools (with multiple undo/redo) and process them offline with custom effects chains.
Record performances in real-time using the keys and trigger pads or create patterns and controller sweeps by drawing them in the piano roll editor. Arrange your patterns into a complete song using the track editor. You can edit while the song is playing and every operation has multiple undo/redo.
Nanostudio's mixer has 2 global effects sends, 4 insert effects per channel and you can record, edit and playback all your fader and pan changes. When you're ready to share your mix with others you can upload it direct to SoundCloud or use NanoSync to copy the exported .wav file to your Mac/PC.
NanoStudio's reverb, compressor, parametric EQ, waveshaper, delay, chorus, and bitcrusher effects are all highly optimized so you can run lots of them.
FEATURE SHORTLIST (loads more at www.blipinteractive.co.uk/specifications.php)
* 6 simultaneous instruments, up to 16 with in-app purchase
* MIDI input with the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer, Akai SynthStation 25 and Core MIDI
* Audio copy/paste for sharing audio with other compatible apps (Sonoma and Intua standards supported)
* Upload your mix directly to SoundCloud
* Eden synth (also plays samples) - single or dual keyboards, XY controllers, pitch bend and accelerometer control
* TRG-16 sample trigger pads
* Sequencer with up to 64 tracks and a piano roll editor for note, velocity and controller events, all with undo/redo
* Mixer with 4 inserts per channel, 2 global send busses and volume/pan automation on every channel
* Sampling and resampling, sample editor and effects processor with undo/redo
* Transfer samples, final mixes and individual track mixdowns to your Mac/PC using NanoSync
* Send projects, samples and MIDI files as email attachments
* Built in help
Support for Akai Pro's SynthStation25 keyboard controller is included. SynthStation25 delivers instant hardware control for improved performance capability and expression. For more information on SynthStation25, visit http://www.synthstationapp.com.
Latest Release Notes - v1.43
* Fixed a bug with the reverb unit (bug introduced in V1.42)
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...