Update: Genome v1.0.7 Released
White Noise Audio Software have released version 1.0.7 of Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) – their pattern based MIDI sequencer for the iPad. Here’s the full details…
“This update will have a couple new features, but mostly it will focus on usability and bug fixes. A couple features initially planned for this release, will be pushed to the next release (but they are definitely coming!). These include swing and more flexible pattern lengths and time scales.”
What’s Coming in v1.0.7:
- Added button to toggle Selection mode. Since we revised the gestures in the last version, having both Zoom and Select in the same two finger gesture leads to poor usability in some cases. Seperating out selection is probably the best option (this is how some other apps do it too).
- Added tap and hold menu in pattern editor. Will have options like â€˜Select allâ€™
- Fixed important MIDI packet processing bug. This bug may have been what caused some of the harder to nail down issues with dropped MIDI notes or things not working as expected. The bug only seemed to surface under certain hardware MIDI interfaces which made it hard to detect up until this point.
- Fixed possible audio related crash. Could cause crashes when running with other iOS apps in certain scenarios
- Fixed Zoom issue â€“ when using View Snap the zoom could get stuck zoomed in super far. I believe that turning off â€˜view snapâ€™ will fix this temporarily. A better fix is coming
- Fixed issue when using View Snap and the piano roll (2 octave fixed view would get changed inadvertently)
- Fixed copy / paste issue
- Fixed â€˜audio interruptionâ€™ crash
Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) for iPad is a pattern based MIDI sequencer for controlling all your MIDI gear. You can sequence single patterns or an entire 16 track song. GMS is fun, easy and portable. Whether you want to make music from the couch, a hotel room or on stage, GMS is the right tool for the job.
For more information about Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) click here.
You Might Also Like...